A Cracker Built GF18- Finished 6/28/15

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Cannonball
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: A Cracker Built GF18

Post by Cannonball »

Cracker someday someody is going to write the next almanac using your thread for historical weather information in Georgia. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoying watching that boat come together. I'm ready to see that swanky floor get laid up. Looking good...

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

:lol: I manned up this afternoon, put on 5 layers of clothes and my insulated jeans, installed the trim tab pump, dang it's getting tight in that space already. Pulled the trim tab wiring harness to the console, along with an extra pull string. Started hooking that up. Also replaced the chrome rigging tube flange with a black one. Didn't like the way the chrome plated one looked so changed it to black. Glad I put it down with 4200 and not 5200, it was SOB to remove it. Did some other little things too. No pictures today.

Building on. Time to build another fire now :D
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

As we say up here in the Great White Frozen North, Suck it up Buttercup! -5C (23 F) and we were sanding rock hard epoxy yesterday! :lol: In our T-Shirts & Short Pants no less! :wink:

Just kidding Larry. Just think, in 9 months there'll be a whole new generation of Cracker Baby boat builders born way down south.

Keep the home fires burning and stay warm my frosty friend!

Cheers!
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

The best thing for cold days is sitting in my comfy chair by a nice warm fire, reading a good book and sipping some 18 yr old scotch. (or other good beverage, this year I'm on a Scotch kick) 8)

Stay warm Cracker, the boat is looking great as always.

G
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Thanks yall. Don't be a stranger George :D
Just think, in 9 months there'll be a whole new generation of Cracker Baby boat builders born way down south.
Probably so, but not this Cracker :help:
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Just think, in 9 months there'll be a whole new generation of Cracker Baby boat builders born way down south.
Probably so, but not this Cracker :help:[/quote]

Growing up in Alaska in the 60s is was easy to look at the school class size and tell the cold winters. :wink:

Sorry it is cold there and slowing down your boat work. Good thing for us when it is cold there it is warm here. Good trade for us :D

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Much better today, it warmed up pretty nice :D Finished up the trim tab install, all wires connected to the rocker switch panel, rocker switch connected to ATC brains, pump harness connected to ATC brains, ATC control unit wired to the brain box, relay box mounted and harness wired to it, and another from it to the pump, both hydraulic lines installed from the pump to the tabs and hooked up on both ends. Lot of wires! Took longer than I figured it would. Everything does. Only thing left to do with the tabs is fill it with fluid, get some power to it and bleed and test it.

My therapist called and told me that we both needed to take off tomorrow and go fishing. So I'm meeting Raymond at the boat ramp in the morning :D

Rogerdog
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Rogerdog »

in 9 months there'll be a whole new generation of Cracker Baby boat builders born way down south.
Congratulations to you and Dori. I hope I win the birth day pool! :D

Catch em up Craker Man.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

My strings are tied :help:

Gone fishing..... :D

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Honestly, CL, I'm glad to see that you're taking some time off. Reading your updates day after day is inspiring, but at the same time reminds me that I am an inferior human being :roll:.
Tony