Penny HMD19

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
chicagoross
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Harmony HMD19 started

Post by chicagoross »

You'll have plenty of room and capacity for your gear and supplies! I need to order the sink and pump for MM21 pretty soon; right now finances are tight and project is stalled. Sound's like you've already got all the expensive stuff!

blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by blueflood »

Hi Chicagoross,

Sorry to hear about the stalled project Ross, that can be frustrating no doubt. I am certain things will pick up again in the near future.

Next up are two seats from Tempress and two Bomar 16" X16" hatches with some odds and ends in between. I have spent a great deal of time looking for the seats though; I was leaning towards the Attwood Centric but they are too big and bulky so my final choice is the Navistyle Low Back with a slider / swivel. I will wait at the end for the electronics.

You say weight forward is good, can you tell me how much ? I only plan to leave the basics under the berths and I want her to trim level, not squat by the stern. Besides the Porta-Pottie, PFDs, fenders etc... I doubt those will add anything adequate for ballast.

Marc

chicagoross
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by chicagoross »

I have about 10 gallons of water forward; just right for most loads. Fill your tanks and then you'll see! :)

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

:cry: While I peruse all my fellow builder's progress on their boats, this is what mine looks like at this time :roll: An inch of dead pine needles, wrapped up and freezing by her lonely self :help:
Last edited by blueflood on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garym
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by garym »

Know how you feel. Had frost on my boat this morning.

The gf18 hasn't seen water yet but I seem to keep looking at the HM19 design.

garym
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by garym »

Nice boat and progress Gary...looking sweet Yes it is somewhat demoralizing not being able to work on her but it gives something to look forward to come April. You are interested in the HMD19 ?
Your boat looks great as well and it seems that you made tremendous progress in a short period of time.

I'm a little ways off but I think it will be the HM19. I would like the option of planning when conditions permit.
Lower HP requirements when compared to the p19.

This whole conversation is kind of funny considering the 1st build isn't finished and hasn't gotten wet yet.

If I don't get to much blow back from the family I will start next winter. I pushed the GF18 out pretty fast and would expect a much slower pace on the HM19 - 2-3 years.

Sounds like your build window is similar to mine April - October. I'm in the process of finishing wiring and preparing to jack the boat up onto the trailer so I have a month or two before I'm shut down.

Gary

Keep up the posts and the photos.

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi Gary,

Yes, I have looked at that one as well but for the amount of time I would need speed, it did not make sense to me so slow speed cruising it will be. Also 15 HP was contemplated until Chicagoross and Evan convinced me otherwise and to get the 9.9 instead.
Last edited by blueflood on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Just a quick note to you guys still building...YEAHH ! Looking at your progress on a daily basis and admiring your work. I am still sketching and planing my interior and sourcing material. :roll: My only other progress was driving to the cottage and dragging my hands on her cold inverted hull :( anticipating the warm spring to get back at it.

Keep at it, captains :D
Last edited by blueflood on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garym
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by garym »

Ordered the HM19 plans on Thursday, should be here next week.
I need something to do this winter.

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi all,

Still progressing on Harmony but by drawings. All the dimensions are set, chases and structure known. All the outfitting parts are "must have" and no holding back. A few sketches attached if other potential HMD19 builders are interested.

Go for it Gary :D
Last edited by blueflood on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.