Penny HMD19

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Harmony HMD19

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Helluva Job Marc. You got a lot done and the workmanship looks great. But sad as it is we have to tuck our toys (tools) away for the long cold winter. :cry: I hear Mother Nature has it in for us this year so I'm planning on 3 weeks on a beach in Mexico to shorten the winter have you got any plans?
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Very good looking work Marc 8)
But sad as it is we have to tuck our toys (tools) away for the long cold winter. :cry: I hear Mother Nature has it in for us this year
88F here today. Perfect for the first day of fall :D I don't understand how yall do those winters :doh: The talking fools on TV say that due to overall global warming Mother Nature will bring us a colder winter here this year :?
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi Rick,

Thank you Rick, Yep sad indeed and really cannot wait for May-June '15.

Rick, enjoy your free time to recoup in the sunny south, you sure deserve a break ! Our brothers (and sisters ?) will be boat building but we will sip a few cold ones :lol: I plan on dropping by next year to see yours and you are welcome to come by Wolf Lake for a peek - about 35 minutes from downtown at the north end of Gatineau Park. I may take income averaging as well for an additional 5 weeks of vacation time. And if you need stuff at the Chandlery, let me know.

Marc
Last edited by blueflood on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:19 am, edited 5 times in total.

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi CL,

Thank you for your words CL. It passes my QC/QA but there are always things I would have done differently. One thing I learned from my Glen-L build 30 years ago and career in Navy ship design is that I will never have square corners anywhere on a boat and never a joint where two panels butt next to said corner. The panel over the port and stbd lockers at stern is cut from one piece with a generous radius and also the butt joint is 6 inches forward of that corner. Hopefully no stress cracks this time :lol:

Hahaha, that separates the boys from ahemm the men :lol: We try to keep busy Larry, cross-country skiing, inside projects, snowmobile at times. In all honesty, it is a very difficult period because we wake up in the dark and by 4pm it is dark again...with brutal cold spells and wind chills of -40C (-40F). As I get older, tolerance to cold disappears and I am really fed up now. Global warming ?...sure bring it on. I would love palm trees in Ottawa.

Marc
Last edited by blueflood on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi all,

She is all wrapped up for the winter :roll: A long spell before getting back into it. Not in photo but I added 1" X 2" all around the gunwales to stiffen the hull sides; the straps were stressing it somewhat.

Build on guys !

Marc

justin_dwyer
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by justin_dwyer »

Hi Marc,

Plenty of time for planning the next stage eh!

Good progress while you had time, look forward to picking up your build next year :)

Cheers
Justin

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi Justin,

Yeah...long break but I am cutting some panels in the meantime. Only a few more weeks of reasonable weather here then lock the fence and wait. :roll:

Marc

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi all :D

This is my extent of boatbuilding :lol: 3" of wet snow. Keeping an eye on the builds !

Marc
Build-on guys !
Last edited by blueflood on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

wildbill
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by wildbill »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmSV2l6JFt0 Have you seen the clips on swirl painting on you tube ? Cool stuff 8)

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi wildbill,

Way cool process but too extreme for me. More conservative :lol:

Marc