Page 1 of 1

Boise PC24 Build!!

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:39 pm
by Boise PC24
Well I went ahead and made the plunge!!! I just bought my set of plans online and am super excited to receive them. I wish they were here tomorrow! I went with the Pontoon Cat 24. I think I will really enjoy this boat and it will fit my family very well! Ive been looking at this site for over a year now and it seems that there is great support! This is my first build so I will definitely need it! I will try my best to post pictures and let everyone know how the build is going! Has anyone started this build yet?

I JUST CANT WAIT FOR THE PLANS TO GET HERE!!!!!!

Re: Boise PC24 Build!!

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:00 am
by Larry B
Boise,
I'll be watching your build. I also bought the plans, but things have come up that prevent me from starting so I'll be excited to see yours come together.
Post lots of pictures of your build.
Larry B

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:26 am
by jacquesmm
Post as many pictures as you can.
If you have questions, open a thread in the tech. support section.

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:21 pm
by Boise PC24
jacquesmm wrote:Post as many pictures as you can.
If you have questions, open a thread in the tech. support section.

Ok! Sure will!

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:20 pm
by Boise PC24
I GOT MY PLANS YESTERDAY! Already read through them twice! Next up, PLYWOOD!!

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:25 pm
by Boise PC24
Finally got some plywood to start on my molds! Picked up a jigsaw and a few other things!
I hope to have the molds done by next weekend so that I can start on my strongback! Will post pics when I figure that out!

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:53 pm
by antoniekruger
Hi, great news to see a cat being built. Exciting indeed. I have a question about the beams holding the pontoons together. What wood(if wood) do you intend to use and they seem very obvious. Do you intend to hide them somehow? Very exciting project. Cant wait for the pics. One day when I'm grown up I want to built a cat as well - if I can afford the plans. Good luck, buddy. Ask questions and enjoy.

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:10 pm
by jacquesmm
The specs for the beams are on the plans: plywood and battens, fiberglassed. The beams are hollow. Type of wood for the battens: clear fir, no knots. Plywood is marine type, Okoume or Meranti.

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:20 pm
by Boise PC24
antoniekruger wrote:Hi, great news to see a cat being built. Exciting indeed. I have a question about the beams holding the pontoons together. What wood(if wood) do you intend to use and they seem very obvious. Do you intend to hide them somehow? Very exciting project. Cant wait for the pics. One day when I'm grown up I want to built a cat as well - if I can afford the plans. Good luck, buddy. Ask questions and enjoy.
Antoniekruger,

I'm really excited to have gotten this build started as well as being the first to build it! I will be using the marine ply and battens fiberglassed as jaques stated for the beams! I don't really plan on hiding them, I haven't really thought about hiding the beams! I will most likely just stick to the plans for the hulls and bare deck since this my first build! I have some pretty good ideas for the deck though!

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:20 pm
by bringamosa
Hi there,

Any progress on the build of this pontoon cat? My eyes caught this boat a while ago and i went looking for some building reports and a found this postings. I hope you can show me some more about the building progress.

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:23 am
by Boise PC24
bringamosa wrote:Hi there,

Any progress on the build of this pontoon cat? My eyes caught this boat a while ago and i went looking for some building reports and a found this postings. I hope you can show me some more about the building progress.
Hey there, sorry it took so long to reply! I have been very busy lately but have started making my cuts for the mold and will be ordering Marine ply wood soon! Once I get the three remaining frames cut I will post pics!

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:51 pm
by Boise PC24
A few of the Molds/Frames cut!!!! Also the bow mold cut out!!!!!!

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:01 am
by Boise PC24
I finished cutting all my molds/frames, but there are two of them I want to redo! I had a hard time getting the edge I wanted on a couple of them. :doh:
I also went buy Franklin Building Supply to get a quote on Meranti 1088, and also fund out that I can pick it up at Boise Cascade (which is 15 mins from my house)! So I will picking up the ply in a couple of weeks! :D

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:17 pm
by Boise PC24
All frames/molds cut!!!!!

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:09 pm
by Boise PC24
So this project got put on hold for a little bit! But the wifey and I did some cleaning and think the boat plans were thrown out accidently :doh: . Does anyone know if its possible to get a reprint or do I have to purchase them again?

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:32 am
by jacquesmm
You can get another set for the cost of printing and shipping. Email orderdesk at e-boat.net

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:14 am
by Boise PC24
I have emailed twice and received no response. I will call tomorrow and get it squared away.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:18 am
by jacquesmm
Our email is working. Do you have the correct spelling?
It is orderdesk@e-boat.net with an hyphen between e and boat. And .net, not .com.

If you reply to one of the order confirmations, it is guarantee to get there.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:04 am
by Boise PC24
jacquesmm wrote:Our email is working. Do you have the correct spelling?
It is orderdesk@e-boat.net with an hyphen between e and boat. And .net, not .com.

If you reply to one of the order confirmations, it is guarantee to get there.

I just replied to one of my order confirmations. :D

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:27 pm
by jacquesmm
You can also email me your email . . . but it should work, we send and receive about 100 emails a day.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:24 am
by Boise PC24
jacquesmm wrote:You can also email me your email . . . but it should work, we send and receive about 100 emails a day.

Got the plans! thanks! :D