Page 1 of 1

Bryan's GF16 -- New Pics

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:13 pm
by redfishla
I've just about finished priming the inside, and am painting the rub and spray rails. Two pics are at the below link. Sorry for the shadows. I hope it floats.

http://gallery.bateau2.com/displayimage.php?pos=-891

http://gallery.bateau2.com/displayimage ... m=42&pos=7

paint

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:01 pm
by Troutlet
I knew you'd zip right through it! Did you pick up the webbing spray yet?

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:18 pm
by redfishla
Troutlet:

I wasn't as confident; I appreciate your support. Yes, I got 4 cans of the spray just a couple of weeks ago. I hope it's enough. It looks very appropriate for my needs!

I hope to lay down some paint late tomorrow night.

bimini

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:18 pm
by Troutlet
Is that Bimini top that is leaning against the back wall of your garage (in the picture) slated for your GF16?

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:08 pm
by redfishla
Yes, that's a bimini top, but not for my GF16. That goes on a 17 ft. Cape Horn. I can't remember where exactly, but I saw a VERY nice looking home-made bimini top on a recently completed build. I'm thinking of doing something of the like. I'll try and search.

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:28 am
by jasonmcintosh
Did you put the "webbing spray" on your boat? How did it come out?

jason

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:59 am
by REELDRAG
Do you like the front deck the way you made it flush like a flats boat. I was thinking about that also. You are doing a real nice job.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:07 pm
by redfishla
Thanks for the compliment. The boat is DONE!!!! and I'll get pictures up tonight or tomorrow. I hope to splash it tomorrow a.m. if the weather holds up. Yes, I like the way I have the front deck. I made a couple of modifications. First, I tilted the front just deck to keep water from standing. Not that I was sure it would, but I didn't want it to be an issue. I also added three extra 1x2's on the bottom side (epoxy glued) to reinforce it a bit (I'm a big guy). Since I'm not particularly careful with how I toss an anchor, I added a layer of 4 oz cloth. It seems EXTREMELY solid. My only regret is that I didn't create some sort of anchor locker (I believe Mango did so on his GF16).

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:10 pm
by redfishla
Jason:

The webbing came out fantastic! It seems to be relatively rugged, and dried quickly. I can't scratch it off with a finger nail. It was cheap to do, so I can always add more later. The boat is DONE and the paint seems to be -- finally! -- cured. If the weather holds up tomorrow, I hope to have a splash!

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:34 pm
by jasonmcintosh
redfishla wrote:The webbing came out fantastic!
Sounds like this calls for a nice closeup picture. I love my nice clean white boat, but I may get tired of wiping it out every few hours while fishing. I'm thinking of bringing a mop with me. Probably go real well with my cheap fishing poles...

jason

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:41 pm
by REELDRAG
What size engine are you going with? I guess by your screen name you do I lot of Redfish fishing. Me too, here in SW Florida.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:04 pm
by redfishla
I have a brand new Johnson 15 ready to go on. I saved for about six months. From what I understand, it'll work nicely -- it'd better :D

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:16 pm
by Davef
Lookin good. Nice paint job. Hope to see some water pic real soon. :D