New Braunfels - PH18 Jet

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: New Braunfels - PH18 Jet

Post by peter-curacao »

Very nice! that was the first choice of rubrail for my cs also, unfortunately to expensive to import, you made the right choice IMHO 8)

Dustinwg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dustinwg »

Dougster, I will be keeping the boat down in Port A most of the time, so I am pretty sure I will bring it by for the boat show. Would be great to meet you down there. Appreciate the kind words.

Peter, I hear ya on the cost to ship, even here in the US it is ridiculous. I got lucky though because my brother in law has a boat shop down in Port A and he gave me a for real brother in law deal by getting it for me at cost and the shipping was only a 1/4 the price because he is a dealer... I couldn't afford not to!!

Cant wait to see that Flyer of yours come together, that is one cool project! You building that boat proves that there are rednecks like me all over the world that just want to be Fast & Loud!!

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Dustinwg wrote: You building that boat proves that there are rednecks like me all over the world that just want to be Fast & Loud!!
I was thinking of calling her Little Rum Runner but now I'm in doubt, Fast & Loud!! also sounds nice :P
Nice tv show also 8)

deuce_454
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by deuce_454 »

i like the lillli rum runner.. a tribute to the baby bootlegger, and the boats Caribbean origin....

Dustinwg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dustinwg »

Well, it's officially a boat, at least in the eyes of the State of Texas!!

Got registration and title in and it wasn't that bad. I had heard nightmares of taking it in to the local San Antonio Texas Parks and Wildlife office for inspection, so I called my local game warden in Comal County to see if he could perform the inspection for me. He was a great guy, and said he would come out to the house, even after hours, to meet my schedule. He showed up and in no time he was done with inspection and we spent another 30 minutes BSing about hunting and fishing. I highly recommend this for anyone out there about to get their registration.

I just had to take his paperwork back up to the TP&W office and bingo all done. I will say I am very happy I did it this way, as the folks up at the TP&W office would have been difficult to go through an inspection with, being that they could not understand how the boat could be built with both wood and fiberglass or that the motor was both an outboard and a jet. Literally I had to pull pictures out to prove it to them...oh well, guess it wasn't on their check list.

BrianC
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by BrianC »

How do people mark the hull ID number on the boat?
SK14 completed ——— GV15 under construction "...there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
The Wind in the Willows — Kenneth Grahame

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Congratulations- both for getting the final step done and successfully dealing with bureaucracy!
Hank

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Congrats! Now she is officially a boat :D Dang nice one too 8)

How do people mark the hull ID number on the boat?
The neatest way is to get a metal tag laser engraved at a trophy shop. Epoxy and rivet it on. Unless you are very good with a router. They are only a few dollars.

Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

topwater

Post by topwater »

Trophy shop , they had a military grade plastic they engraved for me , UV stabil .
Novi 23 finally launched !

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Very well done!! Jeff