PNW CX 25 scaled up

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PNW CX 25

Post by jacquesmm »

Next time, ask us for a quote on the foam and resin.
We just shipped two kits each with about 100 gallons of resin each (drums) and more than 50 sheets of Divinycell each.
Shipping included, we were about 20% cheaper than the local dealers.
Once you buy by the drum or by the full carton of foam (multiples of 25 sheets), we quote professional prices.
You can't get those prices anywhere else.
Picture below is a kit that is shipped today: 99 gallons of Silver Tip epoxy.

Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

PNWcx25
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PNWcx25 »

Sorry Jacques, never did make it to the quote stage from your company. Seems I had a hard drive crash wiping out my computer, followed by a major heart attack which the medical expenses wiped out my build fund. Cardiac rehab is going well, thank you for asking. The fund is building again and I should be asking for a quote in the near future. Hope your surgery goes well.

PNWcx25
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PNWcx25 »

Since the plans sat around for about two years it seems right that 2 foot-it-is would take over. I had not much to do while rebuilding funds so I purchased delta cam software to lay out some of the questions I had on scaling the transom. If I where to scale up 10% then a sheet larger than 4x8 is required. If I scale to .09 it just fits,the question is what do I gain for the amount of work to build the up the transom. For me the extra 1 inch in beam and 3 inches in length seems like a no brainer. So this is where it begins. Here is the transom scaled .09
Attachments
transom.jpg

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

Are you building a bracket version? If not make your life easier and build the bracket version that will give you the extra 3' feet without to much effort

PNWcx25
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PNWcx25 »

peter-curacao wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 pm Are you building a bracket version? If not make your life easier and build the bracket version that will give you the extra 3' feet without to much effort

Not sure what a bracket version is, if I gained 3 feet then it would be worth the effort but for 3 inches in length and less than inch in width I'm not going to bother.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

PNWcx25 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:36 pm
peter-curacao wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 pm Are you building a bracket version? If not make your life easier and build the bracket version that will give you the extra 3' feet without to much effort

Not sure what a bracket version is, if I gained 3 feet then it would be worth the effort but for 3 inches in length and less than inch in width I'm not going to bother.
It's the version I build couple years ago, you hang a motor bracket what also function as a swim platform, because of this you don't have to build a motor well what gives you more cockpit space.
Edit: to gain more cockpit space in width an easy way is to do is make narrower decks, out of my head I believe I shaved of 3" on each side, from 10" to 7", giving you 6" more space between the gunwales, that's how I did it.
Last edited by peter-curacao on Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PNWcx25
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PNWcx25 »

sorry I miss understood - I am building the same bracket version I'm just scaling the boat larger in all three axis. I my version your 25 foot boat will be a 27' 3' foot boat plus bracket, total length 30' 3"

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

PNWcx25 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:06 pm sorry I miss understood - I am building the same bracket version I'm just scaling the boat larger in all three axis. I my version your 25 foot boat will be a 27' 3' foot boat plus bracket, total length 30' 3"
No problem, I edited my post concerning width space, maybe it's something you can use.

PNWcx25
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PNWcx25 »

Thank you - that will add lot of space. I was wondering what your gunwale width was. Since it worked so well for you that's what I'll do.
Last edited by PNWcx25 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

PNWcx25 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:29 pm Thank you - that will add lot of space. I was wondering what your gunnel width was. Since it worked so well for you that's what I'll do.
Your welcome, maybe but you have to ask Jacques you can move your last bulkhead further to the transom, this also create more cockpit space but doesn't leave much room for lockers, also I have no idea how it looks ecstatically, I think if bulkhead and transom touches at the keel this would more or less give you half the aft deck I have.