FS19 in Washington State

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jnb
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: FS19 in Washington State

Post by jnb »

Absolutely--I just posted a question over the in the main FS19 thread about whether a small cabin is possible on the FS19.

I used to have a cuddy cabin, but just picked up an aluminum with a center console to get me through the next couple years while I build the boat I really want. I didn't think I was going to mind the center console, but after a few trips this summer, but girlfriend and dog have expressed some strong opinions in favor of going back to a boat with a cabin. The type of short chop and rain (well, maybe not rain this year) that we get around here makes things pretty uncomfortable without a cabin. I also fish a lot up in the San Juans and on Vancouver Island where long runs are common, so even on calm days I'd like a little protection from the wind.

I love the hull shape of the FS19--looks very efficient, but has just enough V to take the edge of the chop. (Kind of reminiscent of an Arima, but lighter?) However, a little protection from the elements would really be nice. On the other thread I mentioned a small hardtop, but maybe just a full windshield with a canvas top would be nice?

cazuza
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cazuza »

Exactly my thoughts.
Tim

kcinnick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by kcinnick »

The wind is welcome down here, the rain not so much. One guide I use "turns on the A/C" when we are done for the day. Translation, gets his Yamaha 300 to full throttle. That can't be good on gas...

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

I don't know if these would work with the FS19 but look in the Console section for the Pilot Consoles I, II and III. Jacques has designed some nice weather resistant consoles. 8) I'm thinking you could build a cuddy back to the console with entrance through the console. You would need to keep it very light.

Let's wait for Jacques to get back for a real answer on the cuddy.

Tom
Last edited by TomW1 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

cazuza
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cazuza »

Yes, I have ordered the console drawings and agree there would be some possibilities there also.
Tim

cazuza
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cazuza »

Looking at the Console 2 dimensions it is 45 inches wide, seats are 16 to 17 inches wide, this would leave 10 to 12 inches between seats and 10 to 12 inches on each side to walk around the console. The roof is 60 inches long. It might also be possible to increase the width to 68 inches to the width of the sole.
Tim

cazuza
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cazuza »

CNC Kit came last Friday, managed to get the freight company guy to put it in the garage. Box was a little beat up after 3 load unloads.

Thanks for the advice, made it on linking the full size pic. I think you get a different depending on what version of windows you have.
Last edited by cazuza on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tim

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

It appears you used the wrong URL to paste between the [Img] commands and/or the Img should show up in brackets both before and after the URL of the photo. Go to your gallery, open in image you want to insert (not the small thumbnail but the full image), right click on it and select "copy image URL" then return to your post and put the cursor where you want the photo but before you paste in the URL you just copied, click on Img just above the text field. Then without doing anything else, hit paste or control V. You'll see the photo in position if you click on the preview tab.

That box is trashed and if any of the contents are damaged--which they don't appear to be in the photo--you have a justifiable claim with the trucking company. So I'd look at everything fairly carefully.
Tony

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

This is disgusting! We spend more than one hour per kit on packaging but we can't protect against careless forklift operators who dent the side of a kit package with the forks. It is negligent, we put the kits on a pallet for a reason, they must lift the pallet.

To all kits buyers: if you kit arrives in that condition, please write down "damaged" on the receipt. Unless you do that, we can not claim damage.
From now on, we will take a picture of each kit before shipping and email it to the kit purchaser the day we ship.
A little spot or scratch on the cardboard is OK but those forklift dents in the sides are unacceptable.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

cazuza
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cazuza »

I did note the box damage on the shipping paper. I also forwarded separately to the order desk, photo's of the damage to one of The Nidacore Core frames.
Tim