Marschall DE25

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Marschall DE25

Post by jacquesmm »

I can't find ti anymore but somewhere, I saw specs for a 4 cylinder Etec rated 126 HP.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by topwater »

Yea that's probably the rating for the 115 HO , that would make sense .
Novi 23 finally launched !

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

The Shaft HP for the 115 HO is listed as 115 HP. Shaft HP is the required listing by NMMA or the NYMA? groups that set the rules for design and testing. If Evinrude's 115HO put out 125HP you can be sure there marketing group would be advertising it and it would be listed in the specs.

I just want Kyle to realize that he is paying for a stronger lower end and some factory tuning when he buys the HO.

Good luck with the 115HO, I hope the tuning part will give it the 126 HP, and I will continue watching your build.

Regards, Tom
Last edited by TomW1 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

topwater

Post by topwater »

Well i guess Evinrude didnt get the memo , they only list 135 HP in the the spec sheet but if you watch
the the video they tell you right out its 148 HP . You know what i was just trying to help you out but you
know everything i am done with you.
Novi 23 finally launched !

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Sorry you feel that way Topwater, I do not know everything. But you were comparing the 135HO to the 115HO which is what he is going with. I forgot a short few words in my post last night and have now added them. That is that the factory tuning may increase the HP to 126.

Again apologies for upsetting you, I just like seeing things in writing, My background.

I was hoping that would be my last post on the subject, and I could sit back and watch his build.

Regards, Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

I believe that the engine manufacturers may deliberately introduce some confusion here.
No need to argue between us about it.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Amen.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Kyle, you did send me a text on my phone and I can't reply. I am very bad with typing on a phone.
Here is the reply:
Your picture shows the opposite of what most builders have there. In most cases we have a little bit of a hook due to the extra glass layers around the transom, you seem to have rocker.
3/16 isn't much but it will hinder performance a little bit.
I would fill that and try to get the last 6' as straight as possible, 1/16 would be great, 1/8 is OK.

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »

I tried to post some pics but could not figure out the code to cut and paste between the image symbols. I put them in the gallery. I had a video of the flip but it did not upload from the apple to this gallery correctly.

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »