GV11. And so it begins...

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Mhopper
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: GV11. And so it begins...

Post by Mhopper »

Advice suggestions solicitation: Here is a pic of my transom and motor. As you can see, it is pretty straight up and that is is as far down as the motor will go. At this angle the boat and motor are nowhere near their potential. i'm new to the whole boat building scene, but i'm thinking a transom wedge might help. What do the experts think???? Is there another or better solution??Image

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

You are going to need a bunch of wedge in there. The motor needs to be able to tuck under at least a little when it is in the lowest setting. As it is now I bet the boat wants to point her nose to the sky when you give it the gas.

Mhopper
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mhopper »

Got some studying to do... the motor is at an improper angle. Transom is thick , which is going to make it hard to get enough wedge to get the right angle. And it's about an inch and a half too high.

Mhopper
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mhopper »

Got some studying to do... the motor is at an improper angle. Transom is thick , which is going to make it hard to get enough wedge to get the right angle. And it's about an inch and a half too high.

Mhopper
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mhopper »

Fixed. Didn't want to use a bracket. But it made more sense than mangling the transom.

Mhopper
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mhopper »

one more decal...

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice decal!! Jeff