FS17 Build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Mikem59
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: FS17 Build

Post by Mikem59 »

I'm not nearly as experienced as many of the others on the forum. With that qualifier out of the way, here's what I can offer: If you mean you will be doing the seams for the keel and bow, then coming back on a separate day to do the chine seams, then, you could, but you may want to do the bow and keel all in one shot. Here's a pic of how the tape will lay out along with cutting a slit to get it to lay flat on the hull and properly wet out. Also, note, the bow and keel will get tape along both sides, but will have the proper amount of overlap.

Also, based on the build of Cracker Larry among others, it helps to lay out exactly how you will do the seams. Here's what I did. You'll have overlaps as specified in the plans as well.

Hope that all made sense.

flyfishingmonk
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by flyfishingmonk »

Hi Parkrat,

I just saw your build. I am just over in Little Elm, right off 380 if you ever want to swing by and see my build.

http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=1227

https://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17780

Casey (flyfishingmonk)
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. PR 3:27
Build Photos at Fly Fishing Monk's Phantom 18
Work Bio at Provision Retirement

Parkrat
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Parkrat »

Hey flyfishingmonk,

Thanks, I'm not too far from Little Elm! I've been watching your thread too and got a lot of great ideas from you!

I have 2 builds going on right now so focusing on getting the D5 done. FS17 has to wait a little.. just not enough time!