ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

Post by Jeff »

Good stuff GB!!! Hope Mrs GB is doing well!! Jeff

reefie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by reefie »

Gee Glossyblack,
I've been too busy to visit the forum in a while, and I'm shocked to hear of Mrs Glossyblack's medical condition.
I'll have my fingers crossed for good news!

Cheers Reefie
"If you want something you have never had, then you've got to do something you've never done"

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Congrats! Must feel good after 20 years!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

glossieblack wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:06 pm Thanks cape man and Fuzz. :D

Our local volunteer conservation group has been plugging away for twenty years trying to get koala habitat protected as National Park. We had a nice win this week, as reported in the following link.

https://www.noosanews.com.au/news/histo ... d/3570458/

Congratulations GB. Something good to take your mind off what else is going on for a little bit.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Pretty dang amazing to me all the things you have going there Glossie. That is a wonderful thing the people have done for those cute little buggers :wink:

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Fuzz wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:20 pm Pretty dang amazing to me all the things you have going there Glossie. That is a wonderful thing the people have done for those cute little buggers :wink:
Don’t be fooled by cuteness, Fuzz. A closely related subspecies, the Drop Bear, is as savage as a grizzly!

"Drop Bear: a large, arboreal, predatory marsupial related to the koala, the size of a leopard, having coarse orange fur with dark mottling, with powerful forearms for climbing and attacking prey, and a bite made using broad powerful premolars rather than canines. They weigh 120 kilograms (260 lb) and have a length of 130 centimetres (51 in).

:lol:
Last edited by BarraMan on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Christer
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Christer »

KOALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I got to hold one in Australia Zoo, and it really clinged on to me. I smelled of Eucalypt for hours afterwards :)
8ft dinghy built in 1992, BBV sufferer ever since.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I am not surprised that any wild animal can be a problem when the mood strikes them. Something must be wrong with me because every time I see a Brown Bear I want to go tackle them :help:

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks Jeff, Reefie, cape man, Tom, Lee, Christer and Fuzz. Appreciated. :D
Fuzz wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:33 pm I am not surprised that any wild animal can be a problem when the mood strikes them ....... every time I see a Brown Bear I want to go tackle them :help:
For some time I've suspected you were more than a little wild Fuzz. 8O
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Almost there. This time tomorrow, the neurosurgeon will have pronounced.
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).