ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

Post by glossieblack »

Interesting times this past week.

I've been attempting to build bridges to those attempting to sink oyster our reef restoration endeavours in the Noosa River and Lakes system. Making progress. :D

Over the same time, I've had to dig out silicon plugs covertly pumped into the raw water inlets of Skinnydip's and Great Sandy's inboard cooling systems.

The 'opposition' leaders I'm dealing with can't control some ratbags in their ranks, and are apologetic. :roll:

I'm hoping to get back to Feather Pram building tomorrow. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Wow! Those guys are serious about this! Law enforcement helping at all? Maybe time for a few remote cameras. Stay strong and stay safe.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Swiping your oars could be looked at as a prank but plugging the intakes is a whole different matter. Many places a meeting with a high speed piece of lead could be the result. Like Capeman said it might be time to get the law involved if the cretins can not be held in check.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I agree with Fuzz GB!!! Jeff

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

cape man wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:32 am Wow! Those guys are serious about this! Law enforcement helping at all? Maybe time for a few remote cameras. Stay strong and stay safe.
Fuzz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:11 pm Swiping your oars could be looked at as a prank but plugging the intakes is a whole different matter. Many places a meeting with a high speed piece of lead could be the result. Like Capeman said it might be time to get the law involved if the cretins can not be held in check.
Jeff wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:42 pm I agree with Fuzz GB!!! Jeff
Thanks for the supportive comments cape man, Fuzz and Jeff. :D

During the 1970s I was a USA green carder long enough to learn how at times disputes are tackled in the land of the brave and home of the free. :wink:

Here in Oz, conflicts tend to be played out slightly differently. While hotheads from both sides become more strident, the grown ups from both quietly seek resolution.

As one of the grown ups recognised by both sides in this local skirmish, when my interests were threatened (but not seriously), immediately the edict from the other side's grown ups to certain local hot heads was to cease and desist. I knew this would be the case.

Negotiations between the grown ups continue, and I've no doubt that a mature outcome will follow. Oyster reef and wider biodiversity restoration will proceed with increased vigour. :D
Last edited by glossieblack on Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good GB!!! Nice dealing with grown ups!!! Jeff

cape man

Post by cape man »

Great! So finish the pram!😎
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

cape man wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:11 am Great! So finish the pram!😎
Sounds like a plan, and tomorrow is a brand new day! :D

cape man

Post by cape man »

Except when dealing with you, I always feel like tomorrow is already here and I'm stuck in yesterday.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

cape man wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:01 am Except when dealing with you, I always feel like tomorrow is already here and I'm stuck in yesterday.
Funny that. I always feel as though I'm the one behind when communicating with you guys. You've just woken up, alive and alert and opining away, while I'm stuffed and heading to bed. :lol: