ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

Post by glossieblack »

I spent today getting four of the seven mould stations for the Feather Pram drafted out onto plywood ready for cutting.

Each one took far longer than drafting a batueau2 mould would have, because the FP plans contain less information than JM's, and because the shapes of moulds for a 1/6" planked clinker boat need to be within 1/12" (at times the step changes in the moulds are less than this). I'm hugely enjoying the challenge of needing to work precisely.

Hopefully I'll complete drafting all seven mould stations tomorrow, and get at least one cut so I can post a pic tomorrow night. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Looking forward to seeing this.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

I've now got the five temporary moulds accurately drafted out onto ply, and have cut one to shape. :D

Unfortunately, I can't post pics at the moment.

Is it only me, or are others also having trouble uploading pics to their Builder Gallery?

When if fails a 'Server (IO) Error' message appears. :help:
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cape man

Post by cape man »

I had the same issue. I upload them one at a time directly to my post using the attachment tab below this box. They dont go to my gallery which kind of sucks, but it works. Click on the attachment button, then add files, click on the pic, and when it loads, click on place inline.
20200430_150531.jpg
Snapping Turtle walking across our field Friday. 8)
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

The phoBB app gallery still works.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks cape man, being a luddite, I can't see the attachment tab below your turtle pic.
Jaysen wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:31 am The phoBB app gallery still works.
Where, what, how do I find the phoBB app gallery Jaysen?

Surely the 'my pics -> my gallery' path will not be wiped out by COVID-19, and work-arounds such as cape man's and yours will become the new normal?

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

glossieblack wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:44 am Thanks cape man, being a luddite, I can't see the attachment tab below your turtle pic.
Jaysen wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:31 am The phoBB app gallery still works.
Where, what, how do I find the phoBB app gallery Jaysen?

Surely the 'my pics -> my gallery' path will not be wiped out by COVID-19, and work-arounds such as cape man's and yours will become the new normal?
I don't see the "my pic -> my gallery" path anywhere. But I do know Jeff is committed to keep thing things "in place" to preserve the historical content of the forum. My suspicion is that the old gallery is running out of space. But I can't confirm that.

The method I use depends on how you are accessing the forum. Using a computer or tablet like an iPad, there is a link at that FAR RIGHT of the header bar. It is an eye with the word "Gallery".

On a phone, select the menu widget (three horizontal lines), then select gallery.

Making an album is. bit more tedious...
1. go into the user control panel
2. select the gallery tab
3. click create sub album and follow directions :)

I do NOT recommend any of us MOVE photo from the old gal as we would need to update every post that refers to the old gal. There isn't a good way for us to do that. There are programatic methods, but the time/cost to do that likely outweighs the limited value.

Hope that helps.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Jaysen wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:00 am Making an album is. bit more tedious...
Thanks for the help Jaysen.

I cant see/find 3. click create sub album. Any other options?

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

glossieblack wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:40 am
Jaysen wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:00 am Making an album is. bit more tedious...
Thanks for the help Jaysen.

I cant see/find 3. click create sub album. Any other options?
Sorry... you only need to do that to organize your photos... To up load a photo...
1. access the gallery using the correct method.
2. on the landing, page click the "<your username> gallery" (should be in the thing that looks like a forum topic)
3. Click on the upload button
4. Select files and upload

At that point you should be able to create subalbums.

To link an image into a post...
1. go to your image in the gallery
2. Look for the "bbcode" field.
3. Copy the BBcode. It should look like

Code: Select all

[image]1234[/image]
4. paste that into your post.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Jaysen wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:56 am To up load a photo...
1. access the gallery using the correct method.
2. on the landing, page click the "<your username> gallery" (should be in the thing that looks like a forum topic)
3. Click on the upload button
4. Select files and upload

At that point you should be able to create subalbums.

To link an image into a post...
1. go to your image in the gallery
2. Look for the "bbcode" field.
3. Copy the BBcode. It should look like

Code: Select all

[image]1234[/image]
4. paste that into your post.
Jaysen,
Thanks for your assistance.
Steps 1-2 in first chunk above go ok.
Step 3 throws up a page where I nominate which album, and which pic to upload. I've tried using existing albums, and a newly created one. Neither works.