ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

Post by jonnymac »

Technically those diamond plate walking plates double as fenders and a walking platform. :)
TomW1 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:51 am And he doesn't even have fenders on that trailer. :doh: Tom

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks Jaysen, jonnymac, cape man, MikeyGnz, Lee, and Tom for the banter and laughs on fenders, guards, etc. :D

Lee, I intend finding weighbridge to measure trailer, and trailer plus Skinnydip, weights.
TomW1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:14 pm GB I feel your pain. If your nut that went rabbiting ...... (rabbiting=hopping away and hiding) ..... Good luck on finding the bugger. Tom
Tom, "went rabbiting" is a newbie for me, and it's a beaut!

I found the elusive little bugger inside one the two same-sized sockets that I was using when assembling. I must have attempted finishing the assembly only with the other. :roll:

I've been laying low these past few days with a throat and chest infection. As a precaution, I got covid-19 tested and have just received a very welcome negative result. Time for a red. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Glad you don't have Covid. Old Cloof like you doesn't need that!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Glad your Covid free take care of yourself and get well. Glad you found your nut also.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks cape man and Tom. :D

I've deliberately not turned on my phone or computer these past five days while recovering from a bad dose of flu. Have been reading and doing odd jobs around the house. I'm starting to come good now. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

GB, always nice to turn-off the phone!! Glad you are getting better!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

GB smart man better to get well without outside intrusions. Glad to hear you are recovering.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks Jeff and Tom. :D

The local council has cracked down on tenders being stored on public foreshores, so today I moved and anchored Skinnydip wading distance out, and tethered Great Sandy's RIB tender to her with lines and a padlocked cable.

I was hoping to get an additional coat of varnish on Great Sandy's cabin portlight trims and cockpit sole today, but it's overcast with rain threatening.

Tomorrow is looking more promising.

cape man

Post by cape man »

When you write tomorrow you are speaking of my today. Now I know how you can get so much done... 8)
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

cape man wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:11 am When you write tomorrow you are speaking of my today. Now I know how you can get so much done... 8)
:lol: :lol:

Sunny winter day, so able to get a third coat of varnish on Great Sandy's cockpit sole. :D