ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

Post by TomW1 »

Okay GB your back no excuses any more. Let us know what your up to. I lost some finger nails waiting to hear from you. :lol: Do you have any plans to sail Great Sandy she has been sitting for a while, needs her legs stretched. :D

Many regards and hope all is well, Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

X2 on all CapeMan said. We missed you :D

Hope you are not where all the flooding is happening.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Likewise, have missed the daily update from the upside down continent. I bet you're going to go through culture shock with all the changes you've got going on, but I'm sure it's a bit of plus and minus. I'm looking forward to seeing the feather pram completed. :D Will you be able to find a place to work on her?
Hank

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks for the ongoing interest and support Jeff, cape man, Tom, Fuzz and pee wee.

Life at this end has been has been myopically absorbing, settling in and personalising our villa, as well as negotiating with the powers-that-be extensions that will enable me to keep building and storing small boats.

I'm quietly confident of achieving at least one additional outdoor covered area about as wide as, though a little shorter, than the space that Peter-C conjures his creations from. If this eventuates, this is where I'll finish Feather Pram, as well as build further small craft in the future.

Our immediate aim is to get the above settled, then put our shoulders to the wheel and mechanically service, paint, varnish, and antifoul Great Sandy, so we can cruise north to Great Barrier Reef waters in June.

Further work on Skinnydip and Feather Pram is scheduled for early 2022.

If there is the interest, I'll resume regular posts when preparatory work, then cruising, commences on Great Sandy. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cape man

Post by cape man »

I'll speak for the crowd. We look forward to another 578 pages of Glossieblack adventures. 8)

I was hoping the pram was going sailing with you this year :cry:
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Is there interest? How do you think you’ve gotten to 578 pages of there wasn’t interest?

;)
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Jaysen wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:57 am Is there interest? How do you think you’ve gotten to 578 pages of there wasn’t interest?

;)
x2 :D

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

X3. Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

x4 Tom :D
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

x5 Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433