River Belle - Atkins design

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: River Belle - Atkins design

Post by jacquesmm »

I can certainly start with the table of offsets that I have. I don't really need the plans then unless you have some questions about what the plans show. We will use the plans to discuss the location of some frames and bulkheads but if the plans show the same layout than what was published in books, I may have enough information.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

JoshuaAhab
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JoshuaAhab »

Go ahead and start if you wish Jacques. I think it's easier in the long haul if I send you the plans. As you said, it's easier to discuss specifics if we're literally on the same page. It's just going to take a little bit of time to get them in the mail.

OK then, out to the snowdrifts...

CaptainAB
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by CaptainAB »

jacquesmm wrote: Yes, Captain AB's web site is very informative. I wish he would post more pictures.
Hi Folks - you asked for more photos of the Hull build for "Rhapsody In Glue", so here is a link to my own library of nearly 400 pictures taken during the process. Some are good and ended up on the Web Site, some are not so good, but may be useful.

http://1drv.ms/1mw1DEJ

Regards

CaptainAB

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks CaptainAB 8)
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

JoshuaAhab
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JoshuaAhab »

Hi Jacques,

The plans were sent yesterday. In theory they're slated to arrive sometime next week. Drop me a line on this thread to let me know when you receive them if you would please.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

OK, I"ll email or post.

SURRYEQUIP
New Poster
New Poster

Post by SURRYEQUIP »

Where did all this end up- I would like to build River Belle but not with planking. I would prefer at least ply but foam with composite framing would be even better. Did anyone develop any plans from this discussion?

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Yes, I did the development of the hull panels. I still have some work to do with calculations and scantlings. The person who commissioned the job is not in hurry and I take my time doing it.
I have to finish the TW28 long cabin first then go back to the River Belle.

SURRYEQUIP
New Poster
New Poster

Post by SURRYEQUIP »

It's been a few months, whats up with the plans? I am anxious to have at it. I too have plans from Atkins which I had planned to build from but some adapting to more modern methods and materials would be great.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

I am working on a few other projects. The person who commissioned the job RiverBelle is not in a rush and I take advantage of his patience.

I do not plan to ever publish those designs but what I do, is adapt some of the Atkins designs to my building material and method and sell that engineering work as a file: computer lofting with faired lines, material specifications and weight spreadsheet.
I already did that for an Atkins sailboat but I had no time to prepare a web page to describe what is available.
You may see some of that at the end of the summer.