P19 build in Alberta

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: P19 build in Alberta

Post by Browndog »

Congratulations! Looks really good and sounds like it performs well too.

But no pictures for a few years and then a hey look at this beautiful finished boat is seriously a depriving the forum of some info on how you got from point C - point R. Some of us thrive on the progress reports of the builders while we are between projects ourselves. You’re going to have to add some more photos to fill the gap.

Just kidding of course.

Well done!

cracked_ribs
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by cracked_ribs »

I recall that at one time you had thought about going with a bracket but it appears you ultimately ended up with a standard notched transom.

Did you ever pursue the bracket, or did you go straight to the standard transom?

The boat looks good, congratulations on the launch.
I designed my own boat. This is the build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=65349

grundasaurus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by grundasaurus »

Hey all, I have tons of photos from the build that I'll post in due course. Life has been pretty busy these last couple years and the forum updates slipped through the cracks. We were looking at going with a bracket, but decided that since the boat is relatively short that it might throw off the balance significantly. The cost of a bracket was also a big factor, hard to justify dropping a grand or two for 9 inches of more cockpit space. What we did instead was create two rear seats like Grady Whites have. The batteries are under the seats, I would say they make the boat feel quite a bit bigger, and also much easier to get back in from a swim platform. we also added in a footwell between the stringers, having headroom in the pilothouse is really nice, and it's a modification I'd suggest to anyone building this sort of boat.

here are some other photos, also an update on our GV11, the Seascooter is still performing well. it had been at a shop over the winter waiting on a yamaha part, and they'd neglected to tarp or cover it in any way, and so some water found it's way in through a small screw hole, which resulted in a large part of the bottom being soft and damp to the touch (it sat FULL of water for 8 months essentially). I had to essentially remove all of the wood down to the fiberglass on the outside, and expanded the area until I was back to dry wood, I then laminated a ton of overlapping strips of tape running parallel and perpendicular to create a strong patch over the repair area. As a precaution I took off most of the interior paint to see if I could find any other trouble spots, and decided to leave the sides bare to give it a classic whaler sort of look. The console had also rotted out from the sitting water, so I rebuilt a new base which is in the photo.

GV11, several rowboats, P19 in progress

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Very nice repairs! :D

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »