Bruce Crandall Flyer Hydroplane

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Bruce Crandall Flyer Hydroplane

Post by peter-curacao »

Hi this is more an experiment as it is a build thread, it all started here.
The link above is more a reference for myself since I posted some drawings and stuff there, I call it a experiment since I'm not sure I'm going to succeed this one, but for sure I'm gonna try, if it turns out to be a fiasco please don't blame me for trying.
For the plans I don't have much more as a table of offsets and some brief descriptions, plans are certainly not as extensive as the Bateau.com plans we are used to, therefore all will be going at a slow pace, so please bear with me. :wink:

Was nesting the frames today, did the best I could, still I used way more wood as I thought I would or wood :P just enough or just not enough material left for the straight stringers, we will see. :?

Last edited by peter-curacao on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Bruce Crandall Flyer Hydroplane

Post by Eric1 »

Heck of a Cool project! Looking forward to this Peter. 8)

danieloldhouse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by danieloldhouse »

Something tells me you're missing boatbuilding... isnt'it? :roll:

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder - cause to me that boat is fugly! :doh:

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

BarraMan wrote:I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder - cause to me that boat is fugly! :doh:
Yes and? happy to ventilate your opinion? did it make you cum in your pants? :P or what was the intention of your comment? Please don't bother to reply because I couldn't care less for your opinion. Thank you!
danieloldhouse wrote:Something tells me you're missing boatbuilding... isnt'it? :roll:
Ding ding you're a winner :lol:
Eric1 wrote:Heck of a Cool project! Looking forward to this Peter. 8)
Yes I also do think so, but again it would be slow progress.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Please don't bother to reply because I couldn't care less for your opinion.
Apologies Peter if my post caused offense - it was not intended to do so. My sense of humour can be a little different!

It was just an observation on my reaction to looking up the Bruce Crandall Flyer Hydroplane.

My first thought on seeing your thread was "Cool!", but when I looked it up that changed to "Why?".

It reminds me of a canoe a mate and I built from an old motorcycle side car when we were kids.

I see that to be true to the original design you should install the motor with gear box attached - I guess that will give you 4 x forward and 1 x reverse gears! :D

danieloldhouse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by danieloldhouse »

danieloldhouse wrote:Something tells me you're missing boatbuilding... isnt'it? :roll:
Ding ding you're a winner :lol:
Now what leaves me bewildered is: what the hell Jacques must design to attract your desire to build? Your's is one of the most beautiful buildings I've seen on this forum. I use to show your videos to all that doubt about self building :D

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

danieloldhouse wrote:what the hell Jacques must design to attract your desire to build?
Thank you Daniel, Jacques wrote in another forum that maybe he will design this boat in stitch and glue somewhere next year. Not saying that he needs my help but maybe with this build and thread I can help him by telling what obstacles I encounter.

cape man

Post by cape man »

Go Peter! Go!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

danieloldhouse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by danieloldhouse »

I'll follow with great interest :wink: