Bruce Crandall Flyer Hydroplane

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Bruce Crandall Flyer Hydroplane

Post by pee wee »

That's such a cool looking boat, I can see why you'd get excited to see one come together. Neat project, and big on gratifying steps- should be fun to build and fun to use on good weather days.
Hank

Marshall Moser
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Marshall Moser »

Really looking forward to watching this come together. Peter, you always have the neatest tricks to achieve the look you're going for.

MrPaul
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrPaul »

Your CS came out great and I'm looking forward to following this thread as well. Please post lots of pics of the progress. I'd love to have one of these old style woodies to take the wife out on the weekends. They look absolutely beautiful with lots of polished wood and chrome on the topside. Don't know how you're planning on finishing yours, but I'm sure it will be nice.

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

Thank you guys I will do my best but I'm still a little reserved.
From two nice sheets of Okume into a pile of wood
First frame well actually the fourth frame :P is on the gluing table, let's see if this works, forgot to pre wet the wood, still a little rusty :?
Last edited by peter-curacao on Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi,
Will follow Your thread of the Flyer with interest and I admire You to make such a clever nesting plan out of the many frames as You had nothing to go on besides this old plan. We still do not know what engine will be in the boat. I remember the Ferrari engine you once pictured and discussed ? Please let us know and I wish to see lots of pictures of your progress. I agree that only sail boats are beautiful and my fancy but that does not mean power boats are the opposite especially when the style is an old timer on the water. I am looking forward to the splashing of it and make sure we also hear the sound it makes. I am dreaming quite a lot ahead.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Hi Karl,
Thanks for your comment, I don't know jack about engines so for me it's a little intimidating, still don't know what I gonna use, best thing for me would be a complete ready to drop in running package including transmission and so on.
I like power but as I said I know little to nothing about it, speaking of power, since we have a teenage "champion" maybe I will plan our next summer vacation around the formula 1 grosser preis von Osterreich, Spielberg is that near your location?

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Although he is getting old my little helper is always there, during my entire CS and now with the flyer that lazy ass is there :lol:

cape man

Post by cape man »

He looks just like you
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

cape man wrote:He looks just like you
Yes he does, his balls are way bigger though :?

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi Peter,
Our dog lies around the same way all the time on its back but according to the climate here with thick and long fur but not in my boat building shed. I think it does not like the smell of epoxy and prefers the garden. Yes Spielberg is only 177 KM away from my home and famous for the Formular races of all kinds. Would be nice seeing you next Year.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433