Steve's FS18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Steve's FS18

Post by Jeff »

Great looking pups Steve!! Also very nice work on your panel!! Jeff

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

Thanks Jeff and FallGuy!

some more updates...

This is in Compartment A. Power for the trolling motor, voltage meter, and the 12v plug with room for others in the future if needed. I added some non-skid in the epoxy when I put down the fiberglass thinking this will keep things from sliding around so much.

I taped up the front section like I did the back.

I didn't like the angle or the rounded edge on the rails so I flattened them out some with the grinder and a flapper disk and added some thickened epoxy to square it back up. It didn't take much at all but I liked the way it turned out.

Fiberglass going down. It was a pain in the butt getting it up and over the rails without lifting.

More updates soon...

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice electrical work!!!! Jeff

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

Getting ready to put topside on this weekend. Here's a few pics of the process to get here.

All faired up and ready to go. Only a few little spots to fill still. I think I'm going to grind down that nose so I can bend some taco rail around it.

Haven't had the tarp off in a while so it was nice seeing the whole package again.

Primer going down. Used System Three primer

Primed up and ready for topcoat. Very pleased with the way everything looks. Very few spots to touch up. And that's being super picky.

I've been waiting for some warm(er) weather to paint. We should have it Sunday and really Monday so I will get it painted. I'm going to remake the hatch cover over the battery compartment. I want a lip that goes over.

More to come. .

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Really looking good!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

Thanks OrangeQuest

I didn't get the painting done Monday like I planned. I wanted to fair the transom where it isn't painted in the pic above and one spot on the bow. It's supposed to be nice this weekend. The plan was to not paint the transom spot yet but now I can get it all done at one time.

We'll see what I can get done this weekend.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Looking really good Dutch1!! Glad to see your grandfather is continuing to assist you!!! Jeff

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Love the look of that console/grab rail Dutch, I'm going to plow through the build and see if there's more detail on that. I've been trying to come up with ideas for my FS14LS grab rail, I like yours a lot, nice work!
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

Jeff and VT_Jeff - Thank you!!

VT_Jeff - If you don't find what you are looking for shoot me a PM. I took a ton more pics than I uploaded here.

Steve

K2FS18
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by K2FS18 »

Steve, you have gotten a lot completed since I last checked in. Very impressive work. Really like the attention to detail with your wiring. It’s crazy how much wire is used in these little boats. So close to being completed, cant wait to see you get it in the water.

Ken