Steve's FS18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Steve's FS18

Post by Dutch1 »

Thanks Ken. Good to hear from you and thanks for the compliments! I jumped in here before heading in to work to get my mind on something else for a little while. Been working my butt off lately in response to COVID but I'm just blessed and thankful to be working right now and still have my health. I literally haven't touched the boat in a month since this started. I put some quik fair down a while back but haven't even gone back to smooth that out. And, I'm holding on to any funds right now until I know what is going to happen. It may sit for a while longer. Plus, I don't think I can even get the final registration done anyway since everything is closed. I wonder how much the ticket would be for an unregistered boat? Almost worth it right now. I could use some line therapy.

I agree on the wiring. There's a lot packed into that little boat from a functionality standpoint. I'm planning to use it for a lot of things. Not just getting skinny.

Thanks for checking in.

Steve

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

How are you doing Steve? Any line therapy yet? :lol:

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

BB,
Very little to answer your question. I think I've been once. Just too busy with work. Sorry for the late response. This is the first time I've logged on the site in a while.

I did clean up the garage so I could work on the boat and finish it up a few weekends ago. The boat was doing a real good job as a long shelf in the garage during the last year. I have what I need to finish it up. Paint, non-skid, rub rails, trailer (Thanks BBC!), etc. Now it's just a matter or doing it. The boat is even registered!!!

I'm thinking about trying to find a new yammy 25 for her. COVID put a damper on me finding a trolling motor I was looking for months back. Maybe the stocks have returned to normal. I haven't stopped to check.

Steve

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

First time logging in here in a while. Funny how life can get in the way.

Spent some time going through ol' Cracker Larry's posts. Miss that guys input! Looks like a lot of other builds going on which is good to see.

I'm officially tired of walking around my boat in the garage. I'm going to make the time to get this thing done. There's literally so little left. But, a lot of prep for paint for top coat and then non-skid. Oh, and finish the hatch covers. 2 left. Boy, would I do things differently were I to do it again. Starting with buying some different tools and not doing most of it by hand. BTW, project boats make great shelves/storage in garages and hold all sorts of things they were never intended to hold. . . It's just in the way and I'd rather be fishing.

I've seen it many times on here before just start with small bites. But, this time I think I'm going to get the 2 hatch covers done first before I continue on with prepping for paint. The drip edge has been the biggest pita. I finished the back one and am pleased with the look. I'll post some picks soon.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good to hear from you Dutch1!! I hope your grandfather is also well!!! Jeff