Steve's FS18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Steve's FS18

Post by Jeff »

Nice work Dutch1!!! Jeff

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Nice work!

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

Thanks Jeff, BB, and Narfi! It's been fun!

K2FS18
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by K2FS18 »

Looking great!! So close to being complete.

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

K2FS18 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:45 pm Looking great!! So close to being complete.
Thanks man! I only have the front deck to glue down left. I got my trolling motor quick release Monday and waited to see how I wanted to mount it on the front before I glued anything up front. Once it's down, I'll get my hatches completed. BTW, I FAILED in following how you did your drip line. It was too hot and kicked before I could shape it. Ended up sanding it all off. I'm going to use small strips of 1/4 ply.

Then fiberglass the decks, fair, then fair some more, then more, and paint. I'm going to put some non-skid down. I'm on the home stretch now...

Thanks for checking in!

Steve

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Almost done Steve!!!!! Hope your grandfather is well!! Jeff

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

Yep, almost done but can't work on it today. Too many other things that need my attention. Grandad is well. We're going to work on it again tomorrow afternoon.

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

Time for some updates. I've been working on it as I can. We got a lot done over the Thanksgiving weekend but hardly anything around Christmas. Just too much going on. Everything is primed and I'm waiting on some decent warmer weather so I can paint it with the Awlgrip paint. Here's some pics of the progress..

Here's the installed panel. I ended up finding some plastic spacers from Ace that I am using instead of the wood ones in the pic under the wing nuts.

I taped up inside where epoxy might squish out. Then while the epoxy is still pliable, I pull the tape and have a nice clean edge underneath. Sure some tape gets caught but not much. It's time consuming though..

We also picked up two new blue heelers to replace Rosie who passed last December. It's like having two pups on steriods. I love the breed. It's like having babies again...

This is a rough up of what's up front for the trolling motor. I plan on going flounder gigging so I installed a 12v plug for lights. The only thing I'm not sure about right now is how I'll pass the NMEA cable through here but I'll worry about that when I buy the trolling motor.

More updates soon..

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Nice work on the panel.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495