OD18 - NH

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: OD18 - NH

Post by Dan_Smullen »

VT_Jeff wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:26 pm I could have used that bow eye jig! Looking great, nice progress!
Same... eventually.

Anywhere in your thread did you post pics of how you made the flat area for the eye? It’s beautifully clean!

Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

Dan_Smullen wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:53 pm
VT_Jeff wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:26 pm I could have used that bow eye jig! Looking great, nice progress!
Same... eventually.

Anywhere in your thread did you post pics of how you made the flat area for the eye? It’s beautifully clean!
Hi Dan, I looked back in my pictures but apparently didn't take any of that process. I probably used a chisel and a rasp to clean it out. At least that's what I'd do if I had to do it now :)
Alan.

Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

A little progress this week, but not as much as Salty :D I wasn't gong to install the console until I finished the forward lockers for access but I found I kept loosing days waiting for things to cure. This way I can alternate between the two jobs. Dusted off the console and mounted it on a couple of blocks to clear the chase tubes while I double checked the location.

Couldn't resist dry fitting the foredeck to see how it looked :D

Primed all the mating surfaces and bedded the console on a good amount of glue. I was amazed how much it took to get a good layer spread out with a notched spreader.

I put all sorts of things in it to get it nice and flat. Taped the sides and aft with one layer as per drawing.

After it had cured, gave everything a good sand and touched up a few bear patches with resin.
Alan.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice progress!!! Jeff

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Nice detail on the console too

Salty F17
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Salty F17 »

Real nice .How wide are u doing your gunwales ? And are u bringing them all the way to the bow or stopping at the deck ?
Check out my build----C17---- hit the link https://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63575 ,OD18 build link Nola OD18 - Boat Builder Central - Builder Forums
viewtopic.php?t=65341

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Nice job! That will be solid!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman