FS 19 build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: FS 19 build

Post by Browndog »

Ended up not going fishing this afternoon so worked on the boat some more. Got the second bottom panel glued up. This boat build is taking over the garage. I've got stuff everywhere right now.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Off to a great start Browndog!! Have a nice weekend!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Browndog wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:13 pm This boat build is taking over the garage. I've got stuff everywhere right now.
You ain't seen nothing yet...B B B Baby You ain't seen nothing yet!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

Looks great. Those puzzle joints look like they go together really well.

Your much more organized than me, I have parts in the garage, workshop and basement. Let's hope no one needs to get into that freezer anytime soon :D .
Alan.

MrPaul
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrPaul »

Browndog wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:13 pm This boat build is taking over the garage. I've got stuff everywhere right now.
Boat builds tend to do that. I'm building my xf20 in my r.v. garage and there is boat building stuff everywhere. There is no way I could fit another project in there right now.

partager
New Poster
New Poster

Post by partager »

Inspiring built ! Keep up the good work!
Pedro Romero
"Partager"

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Glued up one of the side panels this afternoon. Not sure why there are stitching holes on the top of the panel. Would post a picture but that doesn't seem to be working right now.

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Had a little set back. :cry: The side panel I glued up yesterday afternoon had to be redone on one of the joints. Which is easier said than done. Apparently I used a 2 X 4 that had a bow in it to lay across the joint and then put weight on top of the 2 X 4. The problem was that there wasn't adequate clamping pressure to flatten the seam and so the middle 1/3 wasn't flat. I managed to get the seam apart with a mixture of multi tool use for the straight areas and a heated wire and exacto knife for the rounded puzzle joint parts. Some scraping and sanding and the joint has been reglued. I used gel magic for the joint this time as there is a bit more of a gap than before and I thought it would be stronger than straight epoxy Will require some sanding post cure I'm sure.

Got the transom laminated to the clamping board to at least keep some forward motion going. :D

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Had a little set back. :cry: The side panel I glued up yesterday afternoon had to be redone on one of the joints. Which is easier said than done. Apparently I used a 2 X 4 that had a bow in it to lay across the joint and then put weight on top of the 2 X 4. The problem was that there wasn't adequate clamping pressure to flatten the seam and so the middle 1/3 wasn't flat. I managed to get the seam apart with a mixture of multi tool use for the straight areas and a heated wire and exacto knife for the rounded puzzle joint parts. Some scraping and sanding and the joint has been reglued. I used gel magic for the joint this time as there is a bit more of a gap than before and I thought it would be stronger than straight epoxy Will require some sanding post cure I'm sure.

Got the transom laminated to the clamping board to at least keep some forward motion going. :D

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Browndog wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:35 pm Glued up one of the side panels this afternoon. Not sure why there are stitching holes on the top of the panel. Would post a picture but that doesn't seem to be working right now.
I don't know the answer, a picture would help. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "top of panel", do you mean along the sheer? Better figure out why, it might be important!
Hank