FS18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
rbecker08
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: FS18

Post by rbecker08 »

Huntsabunch wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:05 pm For what it's worth, I took one look at that nesting drawing and put it back in the envelope it came in. I laid everything out from the detail drawings. They are dead on the money and, if you are careful, you should end up with exactly what you need. You could still use the nesting drawing to check yourself.
Good luck with your build. I saw the construction mgr, the first mate, the grunt, and the stowaway. I didn't see the captain. I guess she was shoe shopping or something? :)
Ken
lol I wasn't tracking the time I took the pictures but its shoes or the nails getting done not sure :) Of all the folks that got their picture taken she is the only one that could say no lol

rbecker08
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: FS18

Post by rbecker08 »

So another riveting night of measuring but made some good head way. Just if someone could check this and make sure the head tilt isn't getting to me. I think I have all the 1/4" measured out, except the last piece which is the sole and the butt block. That leaves 5 pieces, all 4 for the front sections for the bottoms and sides are on a sheet, the middle and rear sections are doubled up to make the rest. In my small brain there is a bit of waste on the rear sections, one of the sheets is used to complete the sole, while the other is waste if I am not mistaken. If that is right, it could be my stringer savior, but I have to look ahead on where to get the transom knees from. Starting on the 3/8 tomorrow hopefully cutting by next week :help:. Also there is a bit of a life lesson here but I have gotten myself all wrapped around a spoke about the stringers, there is something to be said about just getting into it and figuring it out as you go, there are multiple ways to fix this and really isn't apparent till you look at the lines on the ply. Being reserved with a saw is wise but who cares about a pencil.