Chasing Tail - FS17 LS

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chasing Tail - FS17 LS

Post by Jeff »

Welcome back!!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Beautiful Kids! I hope your tabbing goes easy. :D

rbecker08
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rbecker08 »

So filled some airbubbles last night and should be ready to sand this weekend, just planning on hitting it quick with the belt sander and then rolling some epoxy over it. I am terrified about missing one of the airbubbles i drilled and getting rot as a result

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Sounds like you are making good progress!!!!! Jeff

rbecker08
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rbecker08 »

Eric1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:52 am Beautiful Kids! I hope your tabbing goes easy. :D
They are getting pumped about fishing with Papa, just hoping to be done by easter.....feels like a stretch though

rbecker08
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rbecker08 »

Sanding sanding sanding.....its good that i like the mindlessness of sanding or boat building would be a problem. So got half the bildge sanded second half tomorrow. I am looking to just prime and coat with ezbildge by petit. No fairing, how do you all finish out the bildge? Any recommendations?

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

If it's a locker I prefer to do enough fairing that I can wipe the surface clean, so I fill the weave and give it one pass, then coat with tinted epoxy instead of paint. If it's too rough it will hold dirt forever, maybe that's ok where you're talking about.
Hank

rbecker08
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rbecker08 »

pee wee wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:49 am If it's a locker I prefer to do enough fairing that I can wipe the surface clean, so I fill the weave and give it one pass, then coat with tinted epoxy instead of paint. If it's too rough it will hold dirt forever, maybe that's ok where you're talking about.
Agreed on the lockers.....this is below where any lockers would be. I think it will be fine just painted no one will ever be there just want to ensure adaquate water proofing since ill have no access and have drilled air bubbles.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Gotcha, sounds good. 8)
Hank

rbecker08
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rbecker08 »

So getting into the fun part....every night looks more like a boat. Sanded the other half of the bildge and just laid the stringers in. Any words of wisdom on fitting the stringers in. The transom has slots cut to accet the stringers but the seem slightly off, i added glass. Is the normal and how do you work through it. Are the slots more critical....ie fully insert the stringers or fill em with putty and adjust to what I got. Let me know. Thanks Rich
So getting into the fun part....every night looks more like a boat. Sanded the other half of the bildge and just laid the stringers in. Any words of wisdom on fitting the stringers in. The transom has slots cut to accet the stringers but the seem slightly off, i added glass. Is the normal and how do you work through it. Are the slots more critical....ie fully insert the stringers or fill em with putty and adjust to what I got. Let me know. Thanks Rich

Scratching my head while drinking and jamming to dave matthews has me thinking. I noticed the stringer height is below where the bottom panel meets the side panel....could this be part of my stringer alignment problem
20200128_230912.jpg
Attachments
20200128_222136.jpg