Shelterlogic 18'x28' "Boat Factory"

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Shelterlogic 18'x28' "Boat Factory"

Post by narfi »

It's defanitly glacier fed.
Not clear at all.
The ground water is delicious though :)

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Does that kill it for fishing? The glacier fed lakes over here suck for fishing :cry:

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

I never really got into fishing (heresy here?) but I know people are paying multiple K a week per person to fish here, so I am assuming its not bad..... (though a lot of that is flyout fishing)

From the website for the company I work for,
Rainbow Trout, Arctic Char, Arctic Grayling, Lake Trout, Northern Pike, Sockeye Salmon, Silver Salmon, King Salmon, Pink Salmon, and Chum Salmon
Most fun I've had with fish not involving firearms was in a little skiff at the mouth of a creek here. There were three of us and we took turns. One would keep the boat idled into the current of the mouth, one would throw a line over and pull it into the lap of the 3rd guy who pulled the greyling off and threw it back in, as soon as the hook was free it was back overboard pulling another one in, as fast as we could put the line in we would have another so we all 3 had plenty of fun that day.

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

Got a 12 Pac of led tubes off Amazon showed up today.
I got them put up mounted to thin strips of old plywood and held to the tent frames with a couple zip ties at each frame. ( ugly but should hold)

I still need to wire them up. Just the powered switch at one end and a jumper between banks at the other. They came with wire 'couplings to connect the ones in a line to each other which I did while installing them.

I did test each bay individually and they are going to provide all the light ull ever need :)
20170720_231208.jpg
12 Pack Hykolity LED T5 Integrated Tube Light Fixture, 22W 4FT 2200lm 5000K Daylight White, Utility Shop Light for Garage, Basement, Ceiling, Under Ca https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071Y4LPBC/re ... nbRFaZhiTI

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

You are going to love those LEDs! I've replaced all but three of my shop lights with them and they are superb. :D
I will get those last three when I can move some stuff out of the way.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

I put 6 eight foot leds in my 14 x 25 pole barn. They are super bright! You found a great deal. That barn of yours will be a great place for a bigger build.

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

That is one serious shelter, narfi. I love it 8)
Should stand up to pretty well anything that one

Marc