Woods Skoota 32DM

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 »

OrangeQuest wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:41 pm Fallguy, what is that stainless steel looking thing with the vents near the bottom? Stove?
Propane stovetop indeed.

The wiring is all in the kitchen, so once I pull a couple more wires, I can build the lower cabinet faceframe, then cut the countertop which is ready for finishing. Once the countertop is cut, the stove and fridge can get installed.

I hope I won't sound patronizing here Ken. I'm glad you are beyond politics with me. Biden's military sure botched. We wanted out of Afghanistan, but the obvious problem of the Taliban taking over has been a gross error.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Yep we made a mistake in the way we pulled of there. But it can be said we made a mistake for staying there any longer than it took to make sure bin Laden was not there. History has shown that unless you are willing to kill everyone there is no win so do not go. Empires have been making the same mistakes in that country for thousands of years. This president has shown he is fully able to step in a pile of crap. But the same can be said of most or all of the ones before him no matter the party.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Fuzz wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:23 pm Yep we made a mistake in the way we pulled of there. But it can be said we made a mistake for staying there any longer than it took to make sure bin Laden was not there. History has shown that unless you are willing to kill everyone there is no win so do not go. Empires have been making the same mistakes in that country for thousands of years. This president has shown he is fully able to step in a pile of crap. But the same can be said of most or all of the ones before him no matter the party.
Agreed 100%

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

Fuzz wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:23 pm Yep we made a mistake in the way we pulled of there. But it can be said we made a mistake for staying there any longer than it took to make sure bin Laden was not there. History has shown that unless you are willing to kill everyone there is no win so do not go. Empires have been making the same mistakes in that country for thousands of years. This president has shown he is fully able to step in a pile of crap. But the same can be said of most or all of the ones before him no matter the party.
Interesting take on the whole thing by someone who was in the SF over there at the start. Explains a lot.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/16/opin ... index.html

Fallguy the boat is looking great. I'd be afraid to use it if mine looks half as nice.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Looking Great!

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Well, not much to report.

After taking most of last week off for a kidney stone ripping through my ureter. I am back in business, but starting slow each day.

Yesterday, we had some cooler weather and worked on wiring all day.

We installed a courtesy light circuit and 3 of the at least 7 planned. Little red ones.

We also hooked up the diesel heater tank gauge. Pita, took foreever and I didn't even both to use the lights on it.

We also got the jabsco cabin water pump wired, but the swith panel was delivered wrong color.

It was raining, so not much done on the exterior cabin bottom. That is a priority. We have two layers of fairing on the bottom and one on the very front that took 5 pounds of fairing to flatten. My son Calvin is helping and he said flat fill, then saw how far a batch went and said, just smooth it. I said, live with the decisions, we are flat filling it.

It will shrink, but the bottom needs major sanding now. About 17'x8' total. Hot weather has me off it today..

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

FD80F162-14F8-4AEF-9753-444D5948D6AE.jpeg

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Sorry to hear you have been down but glad you are back at it!! Already getting cooler up there, wow!! Still summer time here in the Southeast!!! Jeff

cape man

Post by cape man »

I love sanding!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

cape man wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:45 pm I love sanding!
said no unmarried man ever.

OR

said no sane man ever.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.