Woods Skoota 32DM

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by Dougster »

Here in Blanco, 3 hrs form Corpus Christi I only very rarely see any open carry. Like maybe once in the last 6 months. One neighbor carries concealed most don't. I don't even own a pistol, but do have a loaded shotgun in the bedroom closet. Texans aren't as crazy as her politicians are. There's an old saying: "No man, nor his family or property are safe so long as the Texas Legislature is in session" :lol:

Says come on down, Texas will be glad to have you Dougster

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Dougster wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:24 am Here in Blanco, 3 hrs form Corpus Christi I only very rarely see any open carry. Like maybe once in the last 6 months. One neighbor carries concealed most don't. I don't even own a pistol, but do have a loaded shotgun in the bedroom closet. Texans aren't as crazy as her politicians are. There's an old saying: "No man, nor his family or property are safe so long as the Texas Legislature is in session" :lol:

Says come on down, Texas will be glad to have you Dougster
Good to hear. I don't mind seeing a sidearm now n then and I might even carry one if I am near Mexican waters, but the concept of goin for ice cream and everyone packin is a little off putting.

My buddy says his cousins in the Dakotas put on their sidearms every day. And he got a little mad at them when they all showed up at a family picnic with 45s.

I don't like it when batshit crazy people can carry. It leads to trouble. The cc permit process was a least a hurdle for the mentally unfit. Back in the day, someone unfit didn't touch a gun, today, some jerkwads have decided it makes nutjobs normal to have a gun and we find it strange massacres happen. I digress. Sorry.

Yesterday, I added high density inserts into my hardtop and celebrated 14 years with my wife.
64F6B2D8-F65A-4800-B7E5-8F3B032AA422.jpeg
F6524917-39FD-4014-9029-9D2B2EF3FD15.jpeg
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Congrats FallGuy!!!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Congratulations Fallguy on 14 years, may you guys share many more.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Congrats on the anniversary Dan!!

Growing up in Idaho, even though it's always been an open carry state, the only time you saw people packing on their hip was when they were heading off on a hunting trip out to the desert or up in the mountains.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Fallguy cangrats on the 14th may you have many more. :D

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Congratulation on the anniversary. I think anything over about two years means both parties have put in a lot of work to make it happen.
Here I am prone to carry as needed. A 45 if I think I am most likely to run into two legged trouble. The 500 Smith&Wesson for four legged problems. I used to carry a 44 but have learned they are highly over rated. Better than a stick but not by much. Here if the problem is four legged it will be big enough to see it coming. Many of you folks live where bad news can come in small packages and sneak up on you :help:

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Fuzz wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:19 pm Congratulation on the anniversary. I think anything over about two years means both parties have put in a lot of work to make it happen.
Here I am prone to carry as needed. A 45 if I think I am most likely to run into two legged trouble. The 500 Smith&Wesson for four legged problems. I used to carry a 44 but have learned they are highly over rated. Better than a stick but not by much. Here if the problem is four legged it will be big enough to see it coming. Many of you folks live where bad news can come in small packages and sneak up on you :help:
Here trouble usually finds same.

Although someone shot a guy on the freeway last week or so. Victim was bringin his kid home from baseball.

No shooter captured yet.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

July 22 since my last post.

I had some major troubles with splitting the n2k network into two pieces, but 4 days and some help from my brother and He came up with an idea that worked.

We started fairing and taping the cabin front and bottom.

And painting the helm riser.

Too lazy for pictures. I'll see if I get some taken and put them up.

Today, smokin fish.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

When you get time go into more detail on your N2K thing too. Yours has to be one of the more complex ones at the moment.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne