Woods Skoota 32DM

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 6410
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 »

Well, I started to mockup the helm riser and bench and sort of did some review and revision.

The riser is 27" high with two 9" steps.

It will be 14" of footwell with a recess in the bench to use as a step or footrest. The wheel is low to standing and low to sitting, but really the only way we can go.

I will start to cutout for the helm stuff after taping the inside seams a bit.

Then I will finish making the helm riser and bench stand in core under vac.

Here is the riser and steps with a crude mockup of the bench using a stool.
C90F8253-995E-4399-88D4-175C861246EF.jpeg


My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 6410
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 »

Not sure why the camera is such an illusion.

Here is a top view of the steps. I think I am going to leave them super simple and open and light. So much weight on the starboard side of my boat I am nervous about it all.
A8C98481-FEE1-4E41-B294-3B50134A13DA.jpeg
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 6410
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 »

Balmy 46F here!

Anchorage is 57F.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
Posts: 7068
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:23 am
Location: Kasilof, Alaska

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by Fuzz »

fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:49 pm Balmy 46F here!

Anchorage is 57F.
NO-NO it is -100 here from now till April :wink:

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 6410
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 »

Fuzz wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:06 pm
fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:49 pm Balmy 46F here!

Anchorage is 57F.
NO-NO it is -100 here from now till April :wink:
there is some kind of tipping point where it gets colder, but the sea does temper the cold a bit at times; we have no sea, just a cold artic wind...
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

User avatar
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Posts: 5006
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 am
Location: St Helena Island, SC
Contact:

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:06 pm
fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:49 pm Balmy 46F here!

Anchorage is 57F.
NO-NO it is -100 here from now till April :wink:
Lies. You left off a zero
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Visit my official Class Globe 580 build blog at https://jaysenodell.com/globe-580
Currently starting a build of "Lil Bit More". A Class Mini 5.80
Class Mini 580 welcome post.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

VT_Jeff
Active Poster
Active Poster
Posts: 452
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:32 pm
Location: vermont

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by VT_Jeff »

fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:45 pm Well, I started to mockup the helm riser and bench and sort of did some review and revision.

The riser is 27" high with two 9" steps.

It will be 14" of footwell with a recess in the bench to use as a step or footrest. The wheel is low to standing and low to sitting, but really the only way we can go.

I will start to cutout for the helm stuff after taping the inside seams a bit.

Then I will finish making the helm riser and bench stand in core under vac.

Here is the riser and steps with a crude mockup of the bench using a stool.

C90F8253-995E-4399-88D4-175C861246EF.jpeg

I'm no ergonomitrist but ain't it gonna be hard to reach that steerin wheel a ways up there?

Great work Dan. Paint it and call it done like I'd do.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 6410
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 »

VT_Jeff wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:52 pm
fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:45 pm Well, I started to mockup the helm riser and bench and sort of did some review and revision.

The riser is 27" high with two 9" steps.

It will be 14" of footwell with a recess in the bench to use as a step or footrest. The wheel is low to standing and low to sitting, but really the only way we can go.

I will start to cutout for the helm stuff after taping the inside seams a bit.

Then I will finish making the helm riser and bench stand in core under vac.

Here is the riser and steps with a crude mockup of the bench using a stool.

C90F8253-995E-4399-88D4-175C861246EF.jpeg

I'm no ergonomitrist but ain't it gonna be hard to reach that steerin wheel a ways up there?

Great work Dan. Paint it and call it done like I'd do.
Hehe..wheel is mounted quite a bit lower..
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 6410
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 »

52779ED3-449B-4D5B-8F03-4008C6D705DD.jpeg
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 6410
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 »

For Fuzz to take a look at my high drain..
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests