Reefie's LB26

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
reefie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Reefie's LB26

Post by reefie »

Hi Guys,

I have made a start on my LB26. I have completed all the temporary molds and have set them up on my jig.

I should be able to start planking within the next few weeks.

Its such a beautiful hull shape.

Cheers,

Reefie
Last edited by reefie on Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want something you have never had, then you've got to do something you've never done"

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Reefie's LB26

Post by glossieblack »

reefie wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:46 am

Its such a beautiful hull shape.
Welcome to the forum Reffie. :D

To my eye, the LB26 is about JM's prettiest boat. I'll be following your build with interest and pleasure.
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

That is quite a compliment coming from Glossie who is building one of the prettiest and most interesting boats any of us have ever seen. His "Rat Rod" finish is better than most of our final finishes.

I've been extremely impressed by the ambition and ingenuity of the Australian Builders on this forum.

Best wishes for a fantastic build. It looks like you are off to a great start. Especially like your use of lots of lasers!

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Will watch with intent! This will be a great build!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

I have looked at the study plans so many times. I'm thrilled to watch one come together!

topwater

Post by topwater »

Nice start and excellent choice of boat. Are you lofting this :?: In one of the pic"s it looks like you lofted the stations.
Novi 23 finally launched !

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Boy that is a beauty. I'm amazed at how many stations it has; almost looks like a more traditional plank over frames build at the moment.

Dougster

reefie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by reefie »

Thanks all for your welcoming, kind and supportive words. Its a big project that will require a huge amount of devotion to see it through.

Yes Topwater I lofted the station dimensions as the plans gave measurements to the outside of the hull, and these had to offset by the hull thickness. I did this on a sheet of ply, and then took the new offset dimensions and transferred these to the actual molds. Also, the plans sheet can be referred to as required throughout the build.
"If you want something you have never had, then you've got to do something you've never done"

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Welcome to the fun Reefie :D Looking at the transom mold this is going to be an inboard? Do you have the power picked out yet?

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

That looks like a super clean start