FS14 Wolf's build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
OrangeQuest

Re: FS14 Wolf's build

Post by OrangeQuest »

Capt UB wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:44 am
Getting wet soon, I need to heal more before I splash her.
Great up date and you have been busy!! Sand Piper getting close to a splash day is really good news but I am more concerned with this "I need to heal more" Can't have a builder going down, hope you are ok. Hope you haven't been over doing it.

timoub007
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by timoub007 »

Capt UB wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:44 am My Scouts were setup with two batteries and one had a 36 volt trolling motor setup, 3 batteries. Scouts had battebry chargers setup for AGM deep cycle/starting batteries.
Curious what Scout boats you have had? I have a 2003 model 195 Sportfish and besides being heavy it has been a great boat.

FS is looking good and one of the models on the short list for when I get time for another build.

Tim

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

timoub007 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:06 pm
Capt UB wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:44 am My Scouts were setup with two batteries and one had a 36 volt trolling motor setup, 3 batteries. Scouts had battebry chargers setup for AGM deep cycle/starting batteries.
Curious what Scout boats you have had? I have a 2003 model 195 Sportfish and besides being heavy it has been a great boat.

FS is looking good and one of the models on the short list for when I get time for another build.

Tim
It started with a (year?) 141 CC SportFish, 1998, 145 CC SportFish and finally (sold 3 years ago)2003, 155 CC SportFish.

I miss the 155, mostly the Yam 60 4 stroke.....

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

OrangeQuest wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:55 pm
Capt UB wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:44 am
Getting wet soon, I need to heal more before I splash her.
Great up date and you have been busy!! Sand Piper getting close to a splash day is really good news but I am more concerned with this "I need to heal more" Can't have a builder going down, hope you are ok. Hope you haven't been over doing it.

Too many cigarettes, left lung gets a bit mean!

OrangeQuest

Post by OrangeQuest »

My smoking got my heart so I think smoking is bad! Which my heart attack gave me reason to stop.

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

Just got a text that my marine vinyl glue is at my door! Not the safe water base that takes 2 weeks to cure and then will still peels up in the hot/humid weather, but the solvent smelly stuff, Dap 00442 Weldwood All-Weather Outdoor Carpet Adhesive.

Nautolex Marine Vinyl Flooring

Sandstone
51EsEj0tNpL.jpg
51EsEj0tNpL.jpg (59.26 KiB) Viewed 1669 times

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

I will not be using this junk again, Dap 00442 Weldwood All-Weather Outdoor Carpet Adhesive. I may use the vinyl again, looks good and has a soft non skid.
0808182101~2.jpg

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

I'm going to cover the front of the fore deck with the vinyl and put a 3/4 in. x 3/4 in. oak outside corner guard moulding.
unfinished-wood-builder-s-choice-corner-block-hdo206-64_1000.jpg
I'll coat it with epoxy and paint it with the same paint as the rub rail wood, gloss white. I'm going to do the same for the aft deck.

Then the sole will be covered.

I still don't know if I should paint or use the bed liner on the inside of the hull...

OrangeQuest

Post by OrangeQuest »

To bad you can't just stain that trim piece. It will take a lot of abuse being on the edge.

Thinking my instrument dash will be light colored stained to show it is wood. I am glad I am not at that point of deciding what to do about finishing the interior of my build....Good luck with that! :wink:

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

OrangeQuest wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:51 am To bad you can't just stain that trim piece. It will take a lot of abuse being on the edge.

Thinking my instrument dash will be light colored stained to show it is wood. I am glad I am not at that point of deciding what to do about finishing the interior of my build....Good luck with that! :wink:

OQ,
I'm using oak and plan on just using a little bit of 4200 to hold it in place. Easy to replace.

What does the interior look like now?