FS14 Wolf's build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

FS14 Wolf's build

Post by Capt UB »

And in the Beginning, Jacques Mertens....
Last edited by Capt UB on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: FS14 Wolf's build

Post by peter-curacao »

Are you that quick in bed also? for your wife's sake I hope not :lol: :lol: just kidding hope you don't mind, you are of to a great start 8) 8)

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Go Bob Go!! :D

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi,
Looking at your thread I realize what advantage one has ordering a complete kit. I just checked for interest in my own build and it took me nearly a Year to get to this stage:
I hope your progress will be a bit faster and I will be watching with interest, so do not forget to keep us up to date with lots of pictures.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

peter-curacao wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 pm Are you that quick in bed also? for your wife's sake I hope not :lol: :lol: just kidding hope you don't mind, you are of to a great start 8) 8)

Get R her done..... more time to drink beer and build!

I do feel I have cheated, but my last build knocked me down some, almost bought a new production boat....

Thanks Bob.

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

Eric1 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:07 pmGo Bob Go!! :D
Thanks.... Findly the waether is cooling some down here in Central Florida. Much easier to build in an open carport when it's not 100 %RH and 97°!

Thanks, Bob.

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

gonandkarl wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:31 am Hi,
Looking at your thread I realize what advantage one has ordering a complete kit. I just checked for interest in my own build and it took me nearly a Year to get to this stage:
I hope your progress will be a bit faster and I will be watching with interest, so do not forget to keep us up to date with lots of pictures.
Greetings from Karl

I see you too are building in a small space, but with wheels!

I got the CnC kit to get it done, I know it's cheating.... After my last build "ply on frame" (gave unfinished hull away), bad choice in plywood and designer!
I am going to build a NC16 from the ground up, then something bigger (maybe not CnC'd).

Best of luck on your build.
Bob.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I don't think CNC is cheating. I think it's just an different use of resources. If time or effort are limited and dollars are available then CNC is the right way to build successfully.

If it IS cheating than so are ICE over sails... think about it.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Jaysen wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 am I don't think CNC is cheating. I think it's just an different use of resources. If time or effort are limited and dollars are available then CNC is the right way to build successfully.

If it IS cheating than so are ICE over sails... think about it.
I agree but the last one you must help me with, ICE over sails?

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Internal Combustion Engine

It's clearly OK to throw money at things to speed the process up based on the number of petrol powered vehicles out there.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.