The Plytanic 2.0 - FS17 Build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Plytanic 2.0 - FS17 Build

Post by Jeff »

Looks good!!! Jeff

silentneko
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by silentneko »

This will be a longer post the usual. Because I couldn’t get onto the forum due to the migration I missed a post or 2, so let me catch up. I’ve been rushing a bit due to going in for shoulder surgery soon, and I wanted to get the boat as finished as possible before. So….
I installed the console hatch door and latch.

Image20201104_165253_resized \, on Flickr

With the caps non-skid pretty much done it was time to work on the interior. I decided to incorporate a fish ruler into the front hatch. It’s 24” long.

Image20201105_215128_resized , on Flickr

I wired up the switch panel and bought a new group 24 deep cycle to run the engine and onboard systems. I will buy a group 27/29 later on for the trolling motor. With the battery I was now able to inspect my handy work. Everything works as it should. The Oznium navigation lights are nice and bright, brighter then the attwood LED’s I used last time.

Image20201111_171747_resized - Copy , on Flickr

Here are the underwater LED lights. This is in the daytime, cloudy outside, with the garage lights turned off. For the money and low power consumption they put out a good amount of light.

Image20201111_171708_resized , on Flickr

So I spent the week finishing up most of the little things. I installed inspection plates, hatch spring, bungee cords, helm, tank, fuel lines……

This morning she was inspected by the FWC! I’ll have to wait a month or more for the FL numbers and HIN, but I’ll be down with the surgery anyway. I’ll arrange to buy and hang the motor in late January or February. This is how she sits this morning. Everything is basically done, except for the rubrail, which is ready to go back on.

Image20201112_112349_resized , on Flickr

Image20201112_112324_resized , on Flickr

Image20201112_112306_resized - Copy , on Flickr

Image20201112_112249_resized , on Flickr

Here is a close up of the fish ruler.

Image20201112_112258_resized - Copy , on Flickr

Image20201112_112232_resized - Copy , on Flickr

Image20201112_112224_resized - Copy , on Flickr

Image20201112_112440_resized , on Flickr

The life vests will be stored behind the bungee cords.

Image20201112_112434_resized - Copy , on Flickr

I’ll get more pics once the motor and rubrail are done.
Built: 15ft Skiff, 16ft Skiff, Modified Cheap Canoe, and an FS17.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Very nice!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

quiet cat, let me know if you are still having issue. Mobile is still making me angry, but nearly everything else should be working.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

silentneko
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by silentneko »

Some of the tabs still look a bit off, but everything seems to be working ok.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

silentneko wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:59 pm Some of the tabs still look a bit off, but everything seems to be working ok.
Assuming mobile... I'm hating mobile anything right now....
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Looks great from here. Good luck with the shoulder!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Looks great!

silentneko
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by silentneko »

Well finally some good news. I got her titled and registered today. 

A story of pure bureaucracy:

FWC refused to come look at my boat until it was 100% water ready except for the outboard being mounted. I tried to get it done when it was mostly through the paint process so I could get the outboard mounted before I went out for shoulder surgery, but no dice. So I got them to finally come a few days before I went out. 

I had receipts proving I paid taxes on the materials, and pictures of the build waiting. The FWC officer looked over the boat for a few seconds and got her laptop out to take some info. It was a simple form that along with the pics and receipts she was required to send to the state.

More then 5 weeks later I received a package in the mail. It had her simple form, a generic application for title, and a simple affidavit to sign assuring it is a home build. They also returned my pictures for some reason, but not the receipts.

The above is what I'm annoyed about. There was no magic stamp or forms provided by the state. She could have, if allowed, emailed me the forms right there and I could have gone to the tax office an hour later! This was Government red tape on full display.

Well I took the forms to the tax collectors office. 40 minutes later I had a title, registration, and a sticker. They didn't need the pictures since it was inspected by the FWC, but they needed the receipts. Luckily I had copies with me. 

I'm good, once my shoulder heals more, to go get the outboard installed, and put on the FL numbers, HIN, and capacity sticker. So she still might not touch water until sometime in February.