The Plytanic 2.0 - FS17 Build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Plytanic 2.0 - FS17 Build

Post by Jeff »

Congrats!!! Jeff

silentneko
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by silentneko »

Now that I gotta wait more I figured I could work on the logo. Originally I was going to do something to incorporate a wood pattern, or the flag from the white star line (Titanics builder). However since I grew to swear it was cursed, I have renamed the boat The Curse of the Plytanic. With that I thought I'd take a spin at the logo from the show The Curse of Oak Island. Let me know what you think.

ImageOAKISLAND , on Flickr

ImageCURSE WEB , on Flickr
Built: 15ft Skiff, 16ft Skiff, Modified Cheap Canoe, and an FS17.

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

While I see the humor, not sure I would name a boat anything that includes the word cursed. Your build issues are about to be rewarded with years of boating joy. She looks great!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

silentneko
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by silentneko »

Everyone warned me not to name my last boat after the Titanic/Britannica, but she survived near a decade of heavy abuse. She has since been passed on to a friend who will use her for many more years hopefully.

She will get tested plenty once on the water, including a week in Marco this summer and a campout in the ten thousand islands.

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

I like it. I've felt like my build has had its share of issues, but yours is looking great.

silentneko
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by silentneko »

So I finally took her out of the garage. She's looking pretty good in the sun. She will never look this good again, lol.

Image20210316_140540_resized[6554] , on Flickr

So originally I planned on a Suzuki 60hp because it was the lightest at the time. Then came the new Tohatsu and it shaved off another 10lbs or so. Both were available in white so I was happy either way. Well thanks to Covid the manufacturing and shipping has been a mess. I'm looking at maybe late June to get either one. That wouldn't be an issue except I have a really nice house booked for Marco Island in early June and need this boat for it. Wednesday is my last day to cancel and get my money back, so I frantically called every dealer I could in the state. Many said I think we can get you one in a month.... most were honest and told me maybe June or July.

The good news.... I found a 60hp Tohatsu, his last one, at Citrus Marine. The neutral news.... it's not the white I planned on, but it is actually dark blue so it will match the boat. I drop it off on Wednesday for the install.

cape man

Post by cape man »

Very Nice!!!!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

I know its been a love hate relationship for you, but that is looking pretty nice, its finally paying off and sounds like the motor will work well also.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Congrats silentneko!!! It has been a long road for you but you are nearly to the water!!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Man it has been such a long road for you. Glad your getting a motor and a new house all at once. You deserve it. Marco Island is beautiful.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978