FS14- Bayou City Boat

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: FS14- Bayou City Boat

Post by OrangeQuest »

So I ordered some 3 pin waterproof connectors to go into the conduit for the sole bilge pump but will not fit in the junction. They need to be big enough for the 14 gauge wire that I am using. It needs to be 14 gauge due to I don't want to drop below 5% voltage drop to the main bilge pump. I may go back to the micro connectors that I first got that are gold plated contacts and strip the insulation back so the wire itself can go into the hard shell and then just fill the space with 4200. The wiring on the pump side is 16-18 gauge and fits perfect. I love doing DIY wiring projects! :doh:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

normal_DSCN1745.jpg
normal_DSCN1745.jpg (19.8 KiB) Viewed 7921 times
The neck says Better Wet Sanding. The front label includes a Mark Twain quote..."Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer".
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

cape man wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:32 am normal_DSCN1745.jpg

The neck says Better Wet Sanding. The front label includes a Mark Twain quote..."Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer".
That is so cool!!! :lol: :lol:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

This is the last weekend of summer before school starts on Monday. Things will slow down a lot and I can get back to the boat build.

Today I finished getting the main pump wired up. Many attempts with different connectors and more than $20.00 of funds. This block is the same thing everything else will be using. Simple and easy... :doh:

Idea of access with a 8" deck plate.

Few more things and can consider foaming and laying the sole !!
A. A. Milne

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Very nice, OQ! That's great news. Looking foward to more pics too

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Canceled all venues today due to a repeat forecast we have had all week and it starts raining at noon in my area. It hasn't started yet!! :? :(

With all the free time I started playing with my old expanding foam that is 8 months past good per manufacturer. 357g of each, high 90 degrees I was expecting a more violent reaction when I mixed the two together. Last year when the stuff was fresh you couldn't set the two parts close to each other with out a little action going on like two teenagers in love. But poured to two parts together, walked to the boat and poured. Age really does effect things that need to expand when played with! I went ahead and laid a plastic bag over the compartment and a board then with 6 gallon bucket of water. left, had a beer and came back the bucket was about 1/2 inch above the cleats. Stuff worked after all! 8O

Took the mushroom top off and here it is...first compartment foamed in. I think I will do 3 more or I run out of foam and call it a day. The boat already has 2.0 gallons of foam in the aft section for the motor so this is the just in case stuff anyway. The few other compartments will be air tight ones so other than she getting blow up she should float if swamped.
A. A. Milne

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Couple of wisdom nuggets in that post :D
Glad the foam worked out. I have been really lucky with having old stuff work just fine for me.

topwater

Post by topwater »

I am not touching that one Fuzz :wink:
Novi 23 finally launched !

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

topwater wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:20 am I am not touching that one Fuzz :wink:
Chicken
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Jaysen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:44 am
topwater wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:20 am I am not touching that one Fuzz :wink:
Chicken
With all that foam your boat will definitely float or maybe even LEVITATE!