Coach's SC-16 in MA

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Coach's SC-16 in MA

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Rogerogrant wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:37 pm
Dan_Smullen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:47 pm Great name. Sounds like the family had fun deciding on it.

What’s the “O” on the compass signify?
My guess:

Nord
Sud
Osten
Westen

The cardinal directions auf Deutsch!
Gotcha. Looks good!

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jonnymac »

Coach wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:15 pm Volts were 12.5 but she cluncked silent when I pushed the start button. Weird but was able to get her started after sitting a few minutes.
12.4 volts is considered fully discharged for a lead acid battery. i think 13.2 is fully charged.

Coach
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Coach »

Got some good news. Found 22lbs of water in the compartments under the rod and cup holders almost all of it was Port side. Popped up the cup holders and sure enough port side was 50% full of water.

Good news and that much water so close to stern is prob why it listed that inch or so port side. I still feel there is possibility of water in compartment port side where fuel fitting is located. That will open up this week.

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

That is great news! Given that, I would drill a small hole at the chine or one of the gouges in the bottom where you are already looking at repairs.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Coach wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:55 pm Got some good news. Found 22lbs of water in the compartments under the rod and cup holders almost all of it was Port side. Popped up the cup holders and sure enough port side was 50% full of water.
New bait well? :lol:

That's great! I know it's a big relief. I hope you have it back together soon! She's a beautiful boat.

toadfish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by toadfish »

So sorry about the hurricane damage but great to see you found the mystery water. Best of luck getting your beautiful boat back in action.

Bob

Coach
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Coach »

So I felt like Yukon Cornelius today digging into my chine with a 3/8" drill bit. The only difference is I am very happy to find "nothin".
It was dry. Made two holes forward of the hatch compartments into the bottom corner of the chine starboard side as that is where I am repairing.
The only thing I saw was dry foam.
Also removed the fuel fitting and did not see any sign of water penetration from below. Once she is flipped if anything got into that compartment from below the sole from water being forced up the conduit, then it should come out once upside down.
I feel that the water pressure would have had relief from the conduit directed to the bow. Thats why the bow was full of water. It is going to go where there is least resistance. So far so good!

cape man

Post by cape man »

You can make her as good as new.

Now...let's talk about a better anchor 8) :)
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Coach
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Coach »

Ha ya...and maybe learn to pay better attention to the weather and trailer your boat during storms! :help:
The anchor is a 4.4lb bruce style claw with 6ft chain.