Bob's FS18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Bob's FS18

Post by Fuzz »

Don't worry over a few screw ups, we all make them. Good thing is you would have to really, really try to make that can not be fixed :wink:
Good advise from Reid. The neater you work the less you have to sand. But then again some folks seem to really like sanding :lol:

toadfish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by toadfish »

Thanks Fuzz. Not sweating the small goof ups, just making sure to share them so others can avoid the same thing.

Stitching the panels. Realized here that I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked. A lot of useful info from the forum was applied here, like taping the inside seams for neatness, zip ties with 1/2" cpvc spacers under the panels for alignment, etc. So many folks to thank for their help already-

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Looks like you are now building a boat toadfish!!!! Jeff

toadfish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by toadfish »

Glued! Turkey injector is the perfect tool-

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

toadfish, Yes, syringes are quite handy. We have a lot of builders who buy both the small and large ones we carry!! Nice progress on your build. Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

toadfish, Yes, syringes are quite handy. We have a lot of builders who buy both the small and large ones we carry!! Nice progress on your build. Jeff

toadfish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by toadfish »

Still catching up. Got the hull glassed all at one time by myself. Had all of the tape and cloth cut, rolled, labeled, and ready to go. Tried to keep working fast, so not many action shots after the tape went on.

Trimmed the cloth and then back inside. I'm lucky to have a detached garage to work in as well.

Coach
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Coach »

Nice work!

toadfish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by toadfish »

First coat of QuickFair. Forgot to mention that, based forum posts, I've been measuring all epoxy products by weight (I'm using System Three that I purchased along with the CNC kit). Bought an inexpensive kitchen scale for the job and it has made life much easier.

Got the keg trial fit and glass cut for the install. Haven't yet shaped the trailing edge.

High tech clamping system again to glue it in place!

toadfish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by toadfish »

The "skeg" trial fit. Not drinking beer on Monday night!