C19 in Richmond, VA

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: C19 in Richmond, VA

Post by fallguy1000 »

Things look good. I think you ought to live with a few paint flaws as am I. The thing I am battling now is a bad back and my hulls are outside and taking on all our damnable rain. My hulls have a few places that are wet as hell and even some leakdowns into areas supposed to be watertight.

Sigh.

In 8 weeks it'll all freeze. :(

Your boat looks good.

I like to run a smear of cabosil on high tape edges before glassing. I have done enough of the work to know where to expect air entrapment.

I am so curious about the c19s I want to go find some in the gallery now.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

fallguy1000 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:18 am
Your boat looks good.

I like to run a smear of cabosil on high tape edges before glassing. I have done enough of the work to know where to expect air entrapment.

Thank you, Dan! I did the same with thickened wood flour on the tape edges. 2 layers of 12oz with jagged edges can easily trap air I believe.

I like the C19 because it has the classic center console lines. I know Jim Wright built a beautiful version that is still performing well, and I'm a little partial to the one Welleflicker built a few years ago. http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=13680

It is a wide 19' at 96", but will perform well here in the Chesapeake Bay.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Dan_Smullen wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:24 pm
Your boat looks good.

Thank you, Dan! I did the same with thickened wood flour on the tape edges. 2 layers of 12oz with jagged edges can easily trap air I believe.

I like the C19 because it has the classic center console lines. I know Jim Wright built a beautiful version that is still performing well, and I'm a little partial to the one Welleflicker built a few years ago. http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=13680

It is a wide 19' at 96", but will perform well here in the Chesapeake Bay.
Your C19 will serve you well. I wish Jim W hadn't taken down his posts and photo's, he thought they were to old after 20+ years. He had pictures of a Marlin he caught and Mahi well off shore from Jacksonville. His boat was powered by a 115 4ST Yamaha and could reach the low 40's at WOT. I think the C19 is great boat for medium conditions and yet if you need to can get you out of trouble, I know the CB can kick up fast at times.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

TomW1 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:21 pm
Dan_Smullen wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:24 pm
Your C19 will serve you well. I wish Jim W hadn't taken down his posts and photo's, he thought they were to old after 20+ years. He had pictures of a Marlin he caught and Mahi well off shore from Jacksonville. His boat was powered by a 115 4ST Yamaha and could reach the low 40's at WOT. I think the C19 is great boat for medium conditions and yet if you need to can get you out of trouble, I know the CB can kick up fast at times.
Can’t leave our TomTom and his rig. All the bright work he did looks right at home on his C19 and also has some billfish under his belt.

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

A mod to 25" wouldn't be all that hard, not compared to the total amount of work that has gone in it. Messing up the faired outside of the transom would be the biggie. As an alternative you could get a little fixed jackplate.

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Last week I shipped the Bob’s Machine Shop manual jackplate that I took off of the FS19 that I built to Dan. He just received it. I traded it to him for a fishing trip on the Bay for my brother and I. Looking forward to Dan’s progress and to some fishing at the Bay Bridge Tunnel for Rockfish at some point with him in his newly finished boat.

Keep it up Dan! Go Dan!

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Browndog wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:08 am Last week I shipped the Bob’s Machine Shop manual jackplate that I took off of the FS19 that I built to Dan. He just received it. I traded it to him for a fishing trip on the Bay for my brother and I. Looking forward to Dan’s progress and to some fishing at the Bay Bridge Tunnel for Rockfish at some point with him in his newly finished boat.

Keep it up Dan! Go Dan!
8) 8) 8)
These 3 smiley faces represent Jordy, his brother and I holding up 26” sheepshead at the CBBT.

Thank you again sir! We’re moving!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice!!! Jeff

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Jack was best for the situation.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

TomTom
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by TomTom »

Dan_Smullen wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:24 am
I bet a 22x8 will run more efficiently though.
Ill keep you posted :D :D

Your boat looking great - love the chines and paintwork looks awesome.