Central FL OB15

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
RomanVilgut
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Central FL OB15

Post by RomanVilgut »

Nice progress!

The Chironex
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by The Chironex »

So been a busy year or so and I’ve been slowly plucking away on this 😅 I have not given up hah! So question before I continue further. I got my bow eye and a pair of stern eyes, at what height on the bow should I drill into it? Also would it be better just to use a basic bow eye over the one I currently have?

I’ve got 2 coats of primer on the boat and it’s just about ready for paint so I’d like to knock this out before proceeding further.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
B545D928-1133-4E72-A4E8-73A75225C6C1.jpeg
D78AC794-7980-4605-8F72-F042CADD17A6.jpeg
395371F3-B9C7-49C2-A04F-1EEADD25D595.jpeg

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

The Chironex wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:29 pm So been a busy year or so and I’ve been slowly plucking away on this 😅 I have not given up hah! So question before I continue further. I got my bow eye and a pair of stern eyes, at what height on the bow should I drill into it? Also would it be better just to use a basic bow eye over the one I currently have?

I’ve got 2 coats of primer on the boat and it’s just about ready for paint so I’d like to knock this out before proceeding further.

Thanks in advance!

I'm personally not a fan of that bow eye, had one break on me, albeit on a heavier boat. I like the u-bolt style.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Hull looks great!
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Agree, looks great!!!! Jeff