Jeffs FS14 LS

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jeffs FS14 LS

Post by VT_Jeff »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:31 pm Virus is strong in this one. May need a booster shot :lol:
:lol:

Agreed. I think I mentioned it elsewhere but the thought of a VT winter without a boat to build is truly chilling. This one will provide relief for the next 2-3 winters by the time I get it sail-able.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

I am just happy to know I am not the only one whose sanity is in question :roll:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Thank you Jeff!!! Jeff

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:46 pm I am just happy to know I am not the only one whose sanity is in question :roll:
Definitely not, you're in very "good" company here. Good-n-Crazy! Though you're now in the 30'-40' crazy, I'm in <16' crazy.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

VT_Jeff wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:04 pm
Fuzz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:46 pm I am just happy to know I am not the only one whose sanity is in question :roll:
Definitely not, you're in very "good" company here. Good-n-Crazy! Though you're now in the 30'-40' crazy, I'm in <16' crazy.
no one ever questioned fuzz's sanity... we all assumed it's been missing for decades.

And I don't think you (VTJ) can say "<16' crazy". Add up all your linear boatage and you are in the same boat as fuzz (metaphorically). At least until he adds up his total footage. If he does that, there will be serious questions asked.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Jaysen wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:34 pm Add up all your linear boatage and you are in the same boat as fuzz (metaphorically).
That puts me at about 60' without any whitewater boats or SUP's. I've definitely got B.O.A.T.S.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

There is no way I am going to cop to total footage :help:

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

All you with your room for multiple boats. I'm lucky to be able to do the one I got in my garage.

I hate HOAs...

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

bamaguy0 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:11 pm All you with your room for multiple boats. I'm lucky to be able to do the one I got in my garage.

I hate HOAs...
How about you guys that get to use your boats 12 months/year? At least that's my impression, maybe the heat index makes that less likely.

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Middle of the summer at high noon can be a bit rough. It's bearable as long as you're catching fish.