Jeffs FS14 LS

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jeffs FS14 LS

Post by VT_Jeff »

Jaysen wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:43 am My condolences for having a boat registered in NY.

What is she again? My eyeball-ID-foo is questionable even when the maker and model are printing in day glow pink.
83 c&c 29 Mkii

And yes, compared to vt, at least, ny is a royal pita in terms of registration. I'd be pushing my luck registering the sailboat in vt since it spends 365 days in ny.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

We wear white anytime we can here in Florida. Reflects the sun and heat. I like the name right where you mocked it up.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Typical convention for small boats in the South East is boat name on the transom, boat builder name on the side, up high, just forward of the stern. I always assumed I would make the name more square in orientation so it fits on the transom adjacent to the outboard. But with that font, you can’t go wrong. It will be a shame not to splash that bling on there somewhere.
Good ol’ Sunday morning, bells are ringing everywhere”

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

cape man wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:45 pm We wear white anytime we can here in Florida. Reflects the sun and heat.
After a few hot days here, finally, I can believe it!
cape man wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:45 pm I like the name right where you mocked it up.
Appreciate it!
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Dan_Smullen wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:14 pm Typical convention for small boats in the South East is boat name on the transom, boat builder name on the side, up high, just forward of the stern.
Great point there Dan. Nothing says that Blue Sky is the name, maybe it is the builder, like PiheraCraft. That's another reason I have no problem putting it on the side where the builder name usually goes. With that in mind, I'm now thinking I'll go a little smaller than I had orginally planned and maybe a little subtler in color to blur the line a little more between name/builder.
Dan_Smullen wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:14 pmGood ol’ Sunday morning, bells are ringing everywhere”
"Goin' to Carolina won't be long till I'll be there!"

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Blue Sky Boatworks definitely has ring to it!

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Dan_Smullen wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:02 am Blue Sky Boatworks definitely has ring to it!
My thoughts exactly!

Mojosmantra
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mojosmantra »

Dan_Smullen wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:02 am Blue Sky Boatworks definitely has ring to it!
yes it does.

I think the location is good Jeff and agree, a little smaller.

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Someone should register trademark that one!

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

bamaguy0 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:00 pm
Someone should register trademark that one!
Yeah, unfortunately, our mutual friend, EJ, already has, though Elaine thought they had stopped production on those.