FS19 in Sherwood, OR

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: FS19 in Sherwood, OR

Post by BB Sig »

Looks great! :D

GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by GuyP »

Looking nice Scrappy. Been out of touch. Don’t remember to surf the Builers Power Boats section. Too bad about elk season and fires. I postponed a late September Wyoming Antelope trip early due to covid speculation. We non-residents have to commit in March to have a chance at a tag. I just accumulated another preference point and will work it out next year. Enjoy you fall boat building experience.

GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by GuyP »

Scrappy where art thou????? Extremely interested in another FS19 in the pipeline.

Scrappy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Scrappy »

Finally got the hull painted and flipped. Was a little frustrated painting it. I’m not a good painter and took about 7 or 8 coats(I lost count) before I decided it was good enough and was ready to move forward. Glad that part is done and I’m moving on.

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

I know the feeling. Look into vinyl wraps. As long as the surface is fair and smooth they cover well, can have some cool designs to catch the eye, and aren't that expensive compared to top quality paint.

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Congratulations on the flip!

The boat is looking great. Happy to see another FS19 project moving along nicely.

The whole sanding, fairing, priming and painting process is really tedious work that takes time and effort to get right, but makes you feel like the project is kind of standing still.

Now that the boat is flipped, you will get to do a bunch of interior construction work that will make it feel like things are moving again for a good while.

Keep it up and best wishes for continued success!

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Always fun to cross the 'its painted' bridge and the 'flip'.

I am fairing forever it seams. Hehe
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Scrappy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:12 am ...took about 7 or 8 coats(I lost count) before I decided it was good enough...
Good GOD Man!

I admire your commitment.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

I will tell you right now that is one fine looking paint job. Be proud of what you have done. Love to see another FS19 coming together. If you need any help in selecting a prop let me know.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Scrappy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Planning questions

Post by Scrappy »

I’ve been doing a lot of planning for the layout of my boat. Stealing most of my ideas from the experts on this forum but I thought I’d share my plans and throw some questions out to make sure I’m not doing anything stupid.

First, I plan to install a v-hull tank beneath the sole. I will need to move the center frames on either side of the tank (D & E) out 12 inches to accommodate the tank. The size of the tank and location is such that the engine rigging will need to run over the fuel tank to come up under the center console. The current plan for the dimensions of the tank will give me 3 inches of clearance between the top of the tank and the sole. Any problem with the chase tubes for the engine rigging and electrical conduit over the top of the fuel tank?

I plan to have limber holes in all the center frames. I plan to foam all the compartments outboard of the stringers, with one exception, but that will mean foaming over/around the chase tubes. Is that OK?

To install cockpit drains plumbed to scuppers, I plan to add an additional frame, outside the stringers just forward of the rear bulkhead (F) and foam only forward of it. Does that seem reasonable?

Additionally, I plan to store the batteries underneath the center console, any issues there?

I’ve included a rough diagram below for reference.

I appreciate any thoughts anyone has.

Also, does anyone know where I can find center console plans to get me started? At one point I thought I remembered seeing someone had posted a rough sketch with dimensions but can’t seem to find it.