LM18 Houston Tx

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
ericwensel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: LM18 Houston Tx

Post by ericwensel »

Loaded boat on trailer. Next time it comes off it should be going in the water.
Next step is to splice the deck and cockpit panels together and then cut out some new pieces for the extended deck sections. I intend to tape both sides for the splice.
I guess i need to go ahead and get the post for the center console built as well since i need to be able to set the cockpit deck penetrations soon.
Lots of questions coming.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Very nice, really like the Eazy Loader trailers.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

ericwensel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ericwensel »

A little progress since my last post. I partially foamed using most of the two gallons. I have two gallons remaining. I expected it to go a bit further. I do have a bit of waste that i cut off but it will go back into the foamed compartments.

The chase tubes are in. My original plan was as shown below but now i intend to put the start battery just aft of frame E and have the trolling motor batteries just aft of frame B. I was hoping i could eliminate one of the chase tubes (the one labelled power to starter) since i would not need to run the starter cable from the bow back to the motor. However, i still need to run power from the charger to the starter battery which i was going to mount with the trolling motor batteries. I could run it back through the center console. Also, i would like to have the ability to start off of the trolling motor batteries in a fix.

I am going to give it a couple days thought before i foam the center compartments. If anyone has any suggestions are sees a potential problem, let me know.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

That is going to be one tricked out LM. I will be real interested in how it runs.

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Looking good! Love the Fighting Lady yellow color.

Really liking how your LM 18 is coming along.

Best wishes for continued success!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice!!! Jeff

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Very very cool!

Will your motor tilt all the way up with the platform at that height?
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

ericwensel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ericwensel »

I ended up adding another conduit. This one was 2" instead of 1.5". I was not feeling too good about running the steering, throttle and shifter through 2x1.5 conduits. Now i have 2x1.5 and 1x2.0.

I finished the foaming work. i am happy about the result and think that the foam will result in a stiff and quiet deck.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

ericwensel wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:43 pm I ended up adding another conduit. This one was 2" instead of 1.5". I was not feeling too good about running the steering, throttle and shifter through 2x1.5 conduits. Now i have 2x1.5 and 1x2.0.

I finished the foaming work. i am happy about the result and think that the foam will result in a stiff and quiet deck.

Looks great, also love the color. Good move on the chase tube. You will have plenty of room that way. The 2 1.5's probably would have been enough but better safe than sorry. You never want your steering in the same tube with the throttle and shifter which run together.

Good luck as your build goes along.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978