Cameron's FS14LS+5%

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Cameron's FS14LS+5%

Post by bamaguy0 »

Got the boat flipped over last night so I was fiddling with that some today. A swing away hitch is a must ASAP. I think even then I'm going to have to rethink my garage layout a bit. That workbench behind the boat won't work once I hang a Tilt n Trim bracket and the motor back there. It's much too deep.
VT_Jeff wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:18 pm We are both gonna need to turn our winch stands upside down.
I think this will work. It's as low on the post as it can go. I think I can lower the roller about an inch by cutting the fork down and drilling new holes. I like this setup over flipping it over for sure.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

bamaguy0 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:56 pm Got the boat flipped over last night so I was fiddling with that some today. A swing away hitch is a must ASAP. I think even then I'm going to have to rethink my garage layout a bit. That workbench behind the boat won't work once I hang a Tilt n Trim bracket and the motor back there. It's much too deep.
VT_Jeff wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:18 pm We are both gonna need to turn our winch stands upside down.
I think this will work. It's as low on the post as it can go. I think I can lower the roller about an inch by cutting the fork down and drilling new holes. I like this setup over flipping it over for sure.

Congrats on the flip, that has to feel great! Roller does look good there. I'm thinking maybe remove the roller altogether and replace with 2 carpeted boards at 90 degrees like ski boat trailers use. Your idea to move the bow eye to the keel is interesting but I may worry about it catching a keel roller, you will have a better sense of that with your hull on the trailer, maybe it wont come close.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210221-175422_Chrome.jpg
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Congrats on the flip!!!! Jeff

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Got the hull inside glassed today!

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Looks great from here! Marathon session to get that done?
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Yup. Been out of town for work this week, so I had nothing to do but think about it. Started around 8 this morning and finished around 5:30. I wet out the seams, applied my fillets, taped, then covered. My back's worn out that's for sure. The trailer is just a tad low for working in all day and once everything is wetted out you can't prop up with your other hand.

Going kayaking at a local spring tomorrow, so we'll see if I can even roll out of bed by Sunday. :lol:

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Glued and glassed the stringers in today.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Looks great. That had to be another back breaker!

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

You're not wrong!

At least this time around I could put a hand down for support.

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Dang! It's been a month since I've posted an update. I think I'm just as far behind on VT_Jeff's build thread also...anyway...

I had some family matters to attend to that took me away for 2 weeks, but I'm back at it as hard as ever. I got the Frames bonded and glassed in place. I've drilled the holes for the chase tubes to run to and fro. This weekend I also started the console. It's ready for the tack bonds and then glassing the seams. I plan to use the 6oz biax tape on the seams and then I have some 4oz woven to cover it with.

I think the next big push will be the rubrails and then flipping it back over for final paint. I'll probably work odd jobs in between.