RB14 Build - enlarging the UP's fleet

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jtdums
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: RB14 Build - enlarging the UP's fleet

Post by jtdums »

I think you are doing great! There are going to be hiccups and problems along the way. That is what the "moaning" chair is used for after all.
Follow the advise above and keep at it...you are going to get there. What a great winter project with your son.
Good people here on the site, and so much expertise is shared willingly. The comment about asking questions is right on the money.
Also, keep the natives happy by continuing to document the build with pictures. Never too many!

For the record, I'm already thinking about the new island race tradition that is about to take root. Trophy might have to be an epoxy covered glove.
Sanding is cathartic...

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Good progress! Your struggles with the bow panels made me remember mine with the LB22. I like to never got 'em right. Had to kerf it all in the end but you'd never know now to look at it. You are dead right: patience and persistence wins.

Dougster

wellmanadam
New Poster
New Poster

Post by wellmanadam »

Thank you Jaysen and Fuzz! Great tips.

wellmanadam
New Poster
New Poster

Post by wellmanadam »

jtdums wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:01 pm
For the record, I'm already thinking about the new island race tradition that is about to take root. Trophy might have to be an epoxy covered glove.
Our boats may be great, but are we ever going to compete with one of Tassier's Chris-Crafts? I don't think so! :wink: