CX19 splashed - Finally

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
APLJaK
Active Poster
Active Poster

CX19 splashed - Finally

Post by APLJaK »

Been a while siince I have posted much about the CX19 build here in Kelowna, BC Canada (Okanagan Lake). Some health challenges in the family have created a bit of a perfect storm. However, I finally got the CX19 finished enough to launch it this summer (Sept 2021). The motor was installed in July and I have been waiting on some last minute details, a marine survey and the requiriste licensing to be completed.

We launched this morning in a very low Okanagan Lake. The lake is at a very low level due to an extremely hot summer and an early draw down that was based on higher anticipated water levels that never materialized. In any case, we got her launched and conducted some early 'sea trials'. She runs beautifully a testament to the designer I think - Thanks Jacque. She comes up on step quickly and settles in on a flat even keel. I can bump up against 60 kmh (37mph) at 5500 on an already broken in Yamaha F115. The lake was a little choppy today so perhaps on calm water might be even a bit quicker.

Overall I am very happy with my initial impressions of this hull. I am also very glad to see this project drawing to an end. Although I still have a lot of details to tend to, at least I now also have a useable vessel. (Is a boat ever actually finished?). She currently does not have a name decal, but launched in 2021 the ALESSANDRIA.

Pennsak Summit

Okanagan Lake

Okanagan Lake
Last edited by APLJaK on Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CX19 splashed - Finally

Post by Jeff »

Very nice, congrats!!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Congrats guy have wondered about your build. Glad you have finally launched. Enjoy your build the C19's are great boats. :D

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Congratulations! Looks beautiful in the water.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Great writeup. You are sure a detailed and exceptional writer as well.

I am awful curious about the internal layout; especially want to see the chairs. They look really nice, but can't see them well enough to know if off the shelf or custom.0

I am going to build a bay boat and am trying to decide what it will be. What does the boat draft?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

APLJaK
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by APLJaK »

Thanks for the messages. In regards to the seats, I have only installed the front two. I have the other two but still need to finish mounting them.

The front two seats sit on custom made dry storage boxes. The Port box doubles as the battery box which I hope will help balance the weight of the boat if Im fishing by myself. In addition, it moves signicant weight forward in the boat. This boat is very light, even with the cabin, and in my mind a bit more weight forward is not a bad thing. For what it is worth, the boat weighs right around 1000 kg (had to guess a bit because I weighed it on the trailer and dont have an accurate tare weight for the trailer). The motor is another 170 kg. 1200 kg or 2645 lbs on the water

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Those are nise chairs what brand are they and where did you get them from? Thanks.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Boat is very nice! Man are those C19 big boats.

APLJaK
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by APLJaK »

TomW1 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:33 pm Those are nise chairs what brand are they and where did you get them from? Thanks.

Tom
Seats are from Tempress (Tempress Elite?), purchased at local (Vancouver, BC) marine store Steveston Marine. They are on swivel supports with sliders fore/aft. Not sure of the pedestal brand, but I think Atwood. I will confirm later.

APLJaK
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by APLJaK »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:07 pm Boat is very nice! Man are those C19 big boats.
;-) It is big! I was a little worried about launching and reloading the boat but it all went very well. Handles nicely. The bow way out in front is something new to me. You cannot see the trailer at all when approaching so aim for the center of the truck. I will likely add a flag of some sort on the trailer to aim for, but with the bunks just under water it settled in nicely. The bunks are set to fit between the two long strakes on each side so it is a bit self centering.