FS14

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
cdurbin
New Poster
New Poster

FS14

Post by cdurbin »

https://youtu.be/U_bOuvfN6-w

Not sure this classifies as "progress," but technically the boat is still in progress (waiting for a 20HP Yamaha, supposed to arrive in June!)

Yesterday put on the final coats of varnish, installed hardware, rigged controls on this FS14. This is my second Bateau design, the first being an FS12 I made in 2016. Thrilled with how this came out, especially the mahogany sole. All sapele for trim, console dash, sole boards.

More progress photos http://www.coledurbin.com/work#/bateau- ... ass-skiff/

Hopefully launch day this fall, depending on when motor arrives...

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FS14

Post by Jeff »

Nice!! Jeff

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Some incredible work, Cole! I just perused your website, some great, great work, congrats and keep it up!

Jeff
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Very very nice. A console on an FS14 is hard to do and make it functional and balanced on such a small boat. Yours looks perfect. Enjoy and best wishes.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978