Copro's P21

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Jody,

Bean bags are my seat of choice on most any offshore boat. I fished SKA for a few years. We ran Cobia boats which have a good ride but you know how those trips are run and gun no matter what the seas. So, thats always handy to have on board. I didn't fish without mine.

Copro
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Copro »

This weekend I got the sole all taped down, put a layer of 4oz on the botton of the transom lockers, and installed the upper frame pieces of "D,E and F". It really is starting to come together. New pics in a few days, need to roll it outside and give it a good cleaning. Lots of detail sanding and dusting to be had.

I must say it is getting very heavy to roll in and out of the garage. I can get it out by myself, but I need help to get it back in.

Next I plan to fair and prime the transom boxes, finish bait tank, build seat boxes and start the next round of adding cleats. Got to get ready for the deck tops.

Kinda lonely around here without JAS

Jody

JASmine
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by JASmine »

Jody...I just got computer access here in Oregon so I'll be watching :) :)
I was even thinking about driving over to Twin Falls to see your beauty but that's not to be. I plan on heading back to Florida next Tuesday (15th). By then my non-skid should be nice and cured.

Copro
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Copro »

That would be cool if you could make it over. Turns out I am always proud to show it off. Took a break from goo today and started making the seat boxes. Have to go to Boise tomorrow to pick up my motor. That should be a fun distraction. Too bad I can't really do anything with it for awhile.

Jody

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Nice seat boxes. Glad you got your design down.

good stuff

Johnshan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Johnshan »

Wow, what a beauty that will be! Would love to have the chance to build one of those but I dont even have a garage at the new house, just a small 12x24 portable car garage that holds all my toys :( Keep the pictures comming cant wait to see more!

-John

Copro
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Copro »

Well just move some stuff over. 24' is plenty of room for a 21' boat.

The commitment just keeps getting bigger. Picked my trailer up today, a nice dual axel aluminum job. It's really quite nice, I will post pictures soon.

Jody

Copro
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Copro »

No trailer picture yet, but progress pic's.

Daddy
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

P21

Post by Daddy »

Loks great, what are the measurements of your anchor locker? What kind of hatch will you use? Is there room for chain and rode?
Daddy

Copro
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Copro »

My plan to to have an anchor roller on the bow to mount the anchor, so the locker is primarily for the rode. It is 14 inches wide and very long (all the way from frame "A" forward. I plan an opening approx 13 inches square. This is the width of the flukes on my anchor. I plan to make it so all the anchor will go inside except that the stem which connect the flukes, which will support and secure the anchor at the hatch, when the hatch is closed. I will have to make this hatch. probably just a framed in lid, with notches for the anchor stem ends. Hard to explain, I'll post pictures when I get there.